ISO help with vegetarian fare.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Where must I put this question?

Mamma thinks it is a good idea for to help Gwen fix nice vegetarian dishes and for getting good ideas from all of you.

I need help for this.

Please move this to where it belongs.

Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

I think it's in the right place :)

You might consider buying her a subscription to a vegetarian magazine for Christmas. This one is popular: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/

This provides more context than just a list of recipes. It has information on ingredients, techniques, etc., that, for me, make the best kind of learning materials for cooking.

There are tons of veg food blogs out there. Here's a few to get you started:
Herbivoracious
Vahrevah (Indian blog with tons of veg recipes)
My New Roots
Post Punk Kitchen
Meatless Monday

If you can't find something good between those sites you aren't looking very hard!

Last edited:
Where must I put this question?

Mamma thinks it is a good idea for to help Gwen fix nice vegetarian dishes and for getting good ideas from all of you.

I need help for this.

Please move this to where it belongs.

Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

Can you be more specific? I have lots of delicious vegetarian recipes stemming from pasta to soup to bean main dishes, plus vegetable side dishes.

Can you be more specific? I have lots of delicious vegetarian recipes stemming from pasta to soup to bean main dishes, plus vegetable side dishes.

Gwen is a horrible cook. She tries really hard, but what she doesn't scorch to death tastes awful. She BOILS Brussels sprouts! :ermm:

She usually eats prepared things, which is why she hasn't poisoned herself yet, and when she does cook...she likes to SHARE.

I have a new 5-burner gas stove which she loves, and Mamma thought it would be a good idea for me to help her learn the solid basics of cooking, using very simple vegetarian recipes. She eats dairy, such as eggs, etc., and eats very little meat. She had a bite of turkey and a bite of ham and a bite of the turkey sausage stuffing at our Thanksgiving meal, but mostly, her plate was loaded with the vegetables.

I love these suggestions! A subscription would be a very nice Christmas present for her. The blogs are also good.

I think she needs to learn better cooking techniques and the uses of herbs and spices. If she and I can cook these things together, and I can show her, I'll learn more about vegetarian cooking for to please her when she is here, and she'll see the difference and she'll be happier.

With love,
~Cat

I just wanted to mention that eggs are not a dairy product. Only milk and milk products like butter, cheese and cream are dairy items.

Eggs and dairy became conflated because in the "olden days," milkmaids often took care of chickens and gathered eggs, but eggs come from birds, obviously, and not mammals ;)

I just wanted to mention that eggs are not a dairy product. Only milk and milk products like butter, cheese and cream are dairy items.

Eggs and dairy became conflated because in the "olden days," milkmaids often took care of chickens and gathered eggs, but eggs come from birds, obviously, and not mammals ;)

except for a duck billed platypus and the echidna :)

Back
Top Bottom