Vegetarian Cookbooks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbanana

Assistant Cook
I would like to get my father a vegetarian cookbook for Father's Day. Does anyone know of any good vegetarian cookbooks? He will eat fish and he's not an amature cook, but is not expert either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

Vegetarian Planet by Didi Emmons

vegetarian and vegetable cookingby Christine Ingram

The Occasional Vegetarian by Karen Lee and Diane Porter
Mollie Katzen books are also great (Enchanted Broccoli Forest and her various Moosewood cookbooks)

Most of these are older books (three or four years I guess). I haven't bought a new one in awhile. I get the majority of my recipes online. But these are the books that I turn to most often when looking for some inspiration.

:heart:
Z

Linda's Kitchen by Linda McCartney. The pictures are fantastic and the recipes are simple. It's several years old, but it's good.

I don't know if you can find this in the states but Delia Smith has a lovely vegetarian cookbook. I also like Charmaine Solomon's one as well.

Fields of Green is a good one it is also older no fish recipes but great ideas and kind of gourmet but not hard to do.

I have been a vegan for nearly 3 decades. I have many favorite cookbooks. Here are some: Vegan Planet-Robin Robertson, Passionate Vegetarian-Crescent Dragonwagon, Very Vegetarian-jannequin Bennett, The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen-Peter Berley, Professional Vegeterian Cooking-Ken Bergeron, The Mediterranean Kitchen-Donna Klein, Cafe Max and Rosie's-Max and Rosie Beeby, Nona's Italian Kitchen-Bryanna Clark Grogan, 150 Vegan Favorites-Jay Solomon(love these recipes but I always double the amount of beans and increase veggies and decrease the liquid by at least a cup, sometimes 2, since we like hearty stews rather than soups), Recipes from an Ecological Kitchen-Lorna Sass(this was the hardback. It has been re-issued in paperback with a different name. Great pressure cooker recipes and directions).

Sunrise Over Fraser by Craig Winter has about 40 excellent vegetarian meals including pastas and curries etc. All easy to make.

I just learned about the Happy Herbivore Cookbook by Lindsay S. Nixon (who also has a website with recipes posted). Recipes are vegan and no added fats, and use only whole, plant-based foods. Table of contents seen on Amazon looks promising. I'm about to order and wonder if others have any experience with this cookbook? Thanks

Alden Cornell Molokai Hawaii

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom