Vegetarian diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I can get all the nourishment I need from a vegetarian (or vegan) diet. I was a vegan for about nine years, then started bodybuilding...that meant protein-loading...sorry, fishes and chickens and turkeys. Pigs and cows, too, alas. I still work out, but am no longer a serious bodybuilder, so the animals sleep a lot safer around here now. I occasionally eat poultry if it is free-range and freshly killed, or freshly caught fish or other seafood., but can be quite content without for months. I don't buy red meat, but will eat it if it is served.

My daughter became a vegetarian while living in Hawaii. It was easy for her there, tons of fresh fruits and vegetables, and she did eat fish, also very fresh. Now that she is back home, it's much harder. I keep cans of tuna fish on hand, cans of beans, and peanut butter, so she can get some protein.

Wyogal - check to see if your market carries one of the name brands (can't remember if it's StarKist or ChickenOfTheSea, or whatever) of tuna now packed in olive oil. Healthy stuff. I rarely cook with anything else these days.

Also - will she eat canned salmon? Again healthy stuff, & the canned salmon is wild-caught, not farmed. I love it for salads, croquettes, salmon loaf (like a fish meatloaf). Since, like sardines, all the bones are soft & involved, it's not only a fabulous source of protein & Omega-3 oil, but also a fabulous source of calcium.

I'll have to check it out. I think i saw the tuna. I made some shrimp burgers awhile ago, had frozen some of the patties for her to take out and use one at a time and she loved those. I could probably do the same with salmon and crab.
Thanks!

I've come up with a few reasons why man is not a vegetarian.
Man has a PH balance, which means Acid/Alkaline. If man were a vegetarian then he wouldn't produce any acid at all. He'd be totally alkaline. All foods that are of the protein variety, meat, fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, cheese and cottage cheese are digested in an acid base.
All foods that are not of a protein nature, such as fruits,veggies, and grains, are digested in an alkaline base. Nature seems to have given us this balance. Why does Mother Nature intend you to have stomach acid? Hydrochloric acid is the main component of your stomach.
I think we are omnivore.. meaning he can live on anything.
Only omnivores are used in medical testing when scientific data is collected pertaining to human beings. The animals that are used are rats, monkeys and pigs. They are used because they closely resemble the human metabolism and anatomy. If a man was meant to be a vegetarian, why don't these scientists use rabbits?
If man is truly a vegetarian, why - when a human mother nurses her baby - doesn't V8 juice come out?
The Father of Nutrition, Hippocrates, laid down ten rules 2,500 years ago. Number ten states "Protein means most important. Carbohydrates are secondary". Animal protein has practically no carbohydrates. Vegetable protein is loaded with starch and carbohydrates.
The amino acid comparison between meat and vegetables, states that the best proteins are eggs, intestines, liver, glands, and raw milk. These have a biological value of 3.9 or greater. This comes from government regulations and is called "P E R Rating". Vegetables are rated, depending on variety, between 2.0 and 2.9. Animal protein is so superior to vegetable protein.
These are just my beliefs believe at your own risk.
Ithas been proven over and over that the original species of modern man, Homoerectus, Homosapien, Neanderthal, and Cro-Magnon were meat-eaters. Humans always return to animal protein, as we are made of a protein molecule, not a sugar (carbohydrate) molecule..
There are five different groups of people on the earth that primarily, if not exclusively, lived on meat. They are the primitive Eskimo (not the modern Eskimo), the Rocky Mountain Men, the American Plains Indian, the Massai in Africa, and the Balari in South America. They were all warriors. They were all slim and muscular people.. Carbohydrate eaters are fat, fleshy people, because carbohydrates are sugar. The more sugar you eat, the more body fat you are going to have. (americans) are getting sicker and heavier??

[1]I think we are omnivore.. meaning he can live on anything.
Only omnivores are used in medical testing when scientific data is collected pertaining to human beings. The animals that are used are rats, monkeys and pigs. They are used because they closely resemble the human metabolism and anatomy. If a man was meant to be a vegetarian, why don't these scientists use rabbits?

[2] The amino acid comparison between meat and vegetables, states that the best proteins are eggs, intestines, liver, glands, and raw milk.

[3] Carbohydrate eaters are fat, fleshy people, because carbohydrates are sugar. The more sugar you eat, the more body fat you are going to have. (americans) are getting sicker and heavier??
Very interesting reading, Detroit Remedy, but...

1. Scientists do use rabbits for scientific research for humans.
"The rabbit has been used in a wide variety of research studies in genetics, nutrition, toxicology, physiology, immunology, and reproduction. Classically the rabbit has been utilized in human medicine to determine pregnancy in women...The pharmaceutical industry uses the rabbit widely to test toxic effects of cosmetics and pharmaceutical...and the rabbit is the standard animal for pyogen testing of all solutions for human medical use. The rabbit is also widely used by the research community for the production of antibodies and antiserums."
The Laboratory Rabbit

2. I'm not vegetarian but if I'm meant to eat intestines, liver, and glands then why does the sound of that gross me out?

3. Ouch.

Even bodybuilding on a vegetarian diet is easy if you know what foods to combine.

For example Pink lentils/Sesame/Mushrooms/corn create a protein that is superior to beef.

I don't condone a Vegan diet but a lacto/ovo vegetarian diet is very easy.

I eat "no meat" meals 2-3x a week. Saturday last it was Bombay Potatoes with black beans, paneer, pecans, and carrots added. I'm a "protein freak" so I love meat, but I also love dishes such as Bombay Potatoes, spinach-chickpeas-potatoes, etc. I found that getting over the idea that a vegetarian dish didn't measure up to one with meat in it was hockey-puck.

Back
Top Bottom