Vegetarian Low Fat Diet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa...i didn't think people were going to freak out if i said i eat shellfish. And ok maybe they have a nervous system, but they cant feel pain and they arent aware of being. Unless some one lied to me...but i honestly dont find it in the character of that person to do so. Im going to change the subject now.....

I do have to agree that you are a pesctarian and not a vegetarian. Some people would also argue that cows have no sense of being. By that logic you can also eat hamburger.

I don't think they lied to you. They just might have come to that conclusion and passed it on to you. Do the research and conclude for yourself. :)

...Any more recipes? Im making the potatoe one tonight and the cous cous one tomorrow or the next day.

Here is a delicious baked oatmeal that is great as a snack, healthy desert, or quick breakfast:

1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon veggie oil
1 cup plain soy milk (or rice milk, or almond milk) (or cow/goat milk if that's ok)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups regular oats
1/2 cup raisins or other mix-in (other dried fruit, nuts, etc. Could be omitted)
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Beat together applesauce and sweetener of choice.
Mix in oil, milk, salt, baking powder, oatmeal.
Beat well then stir in raisins.
Pour into a lightly greased pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bake in preheated oven until firm, about 35 minutes (may be closer to 45 or 50, poke with toothpick to check). Serve hot. Keeps for days covered on counter or in fridge. Microwave for 15-30 seconds to reheat.

------

I don't know if your mom can do cocoa but here are some vegan brownies I have been meaning to try:

2C flour
2C white sugar
3/4C unsweetened cocoa powder
1t baking powder
1t salt
1C water
1C apple sauce
1t vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is no longer shiny. Cool for at least 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom