"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets > Gluten Free
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Until they come up with a new trend. We've done oat bran, we've done lactose intolerant, we've done probiotics, we've done quinoa, and now the catch phrase is gluten free. We need to find something new that 98% of people don't care about.
Be sure to let the world know when you find it.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I have no problems with anything I eat. Wheat isn't my favorite grain but that's just my taste. I must admit, I do like quinoa when I've been working hard and have expended a lot of energy. I find it very satisfying and filling.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #13
Cook

Gluten free by recommendation (intollerance, but not celliac)

Anybody still around?
Old 12-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #14
Cook

Hi,

Is that recommendation from a friend or your doctor? How long have you known of your gluten intolerance?

I don't know if any coeliac-disease people or gluten intolerant people are still around. My daughter is one of the former.

Gillian
Old 12-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliAnne View Post
Hi,

Is that recommendation from a friend or your doctor? How long have you known of your gluten intolerance?

I don't know if any coeliac-disease people or gluten intolerant people are still around. My daughter is one of the former.

Gillian
It's from a doctor. I do NOT have celiac, but he suspected some sort of intolerance. I'm restricting lots of foods at the moment, and yet because it's so overwhelming, I've been cheating too. (sorry, it's really hard following multiple diets at once) Gluten has been the one I most try to avoid though, as I can seem to see what it does to me.

Ok, I gotcha. Well, I think I read someone saying I can post and will just see from there. Thanks for checking in!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #16
Cook

I know you don't have coeliac disease. I imagine it's bad enough having an intolerance to gluten. Have you been given a list of what you can eat and what you can't eat?

What other diet are you following?

Gillian
Old 01-10-2017, 01:27 AM   #17
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliAnne View Post
I know you don't have coeliac disease. I imagine it's bad enough having an intolerance to gluten. Have you been given a list of what you can eat and what you can't eat?

What other diet are you following?

Gillian
short answer, yes. I'd have to dig out all my paperwork, but the main ones are glutenfree and this anti-inflammatory diet by Dr. Weil. Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid - DrWeil.com
and just for quick viewing sake https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/.../food-options/
I'm also to cut sugar, so fruits are to be limited with no oranges, and dairy. Fats? Well, I'm not supposed to eat potato chips. Deepfried stuff is common sense, but I've only ever had this occasionally anyway.

I was doing pretty well for a few months, but it was getting boring. As of today, I have gotten pretty lazy, except that I still have my "approved" breakfast everyday and I mostly eat ok foods, but I need more vegetables and I've become addicted to some gluten-free snacks, but not sugarfree or low sodium. bah! It's very difficult when the approved foods are far and few between or I don't know how to cook them or keep them fresh (veggies)!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:20 AM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Hi, sorry I am coming in here a little late but I have been cooking and baking gluten-free for over 12 years now. I have promised some recipes so mcrx but have been under the weather the last while. I just got a horrid toothache and am going to medicate myself to sleep so tomorrow I will see what I can come up with!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Be sure to let the world know when you find it.
I am letting the world know that I think I found it: Hydrogenated Water!

Old 01-14-2017, 06:49 PM   #20
Cook

haha yeah! finally! :P