"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets > Gluten Free
Old 09-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
Master Chef
you are better of than many people having your own farm you can get a lot of things that are totally out of reach fro the rest of us. One year old he should be able to eat everything by himself. All you have to is to provide what he can eat. It is hard, but doable. You can get a small mill, that grinds grain and make breads, noodles, etc using grain he can have.

Good luck.

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
Master Chef
My niece is now 13 and started life with many of the same allergies as your son. My brother and his wife worked with their allergist who had a nutritionist on his staff. She had an extremely limited diet. She is still small for her age but has grown out of some of her allergies. It will be difficult in the beginning but you will get used to what he can eat. Expect to take food with you everywhere! They would always pack her meal at home and bring it with them so they were sure she could eat.

They did find that preservatives in food were one thing that set her off so they used a lot of fresh food. Boar's head meats are preservative-free.

Good luck. I know you will be able to provide a good diet eventually.

I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
That is really good information on Boar's head meats I will have to look into that for my LO.
Sharptastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #14
Senior Cook
Its been a over a year since I commented on here. Life got busy with the little ones and now I have a grand daughter. He is 2 now and allergies have not changed much. The garden was a big help. Its going to get bigger next year. Found out he hates green beans. Figures one of the few things he is not allergic to he will not touch. Taters didnt do as well as expected but I kinda cheated and planted potatoes out of the bag instead of getting seed potatoes.
Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Farmer Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
Master Chef
Good luck to you and your garden exploits. Do a little research on companion gardening. It will allow you to grow more, and healthier crops in less space.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #16
Master Chef
Glad you checked back in here, FarmerJon. You've been missed. Congrats again on being a new grandpa!

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote