Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they any good? I saw them in the health food store last week and my DD really wanted to try them, but I told her we'd wait until the weather was warm. I figured if they crumbled apart like many GF foods do I'd rather it happen outside of the house. :LOL:

Too bad they have corn starch and xanthan gum, I wanted to try them for my son.

Too bad they have corn starch and xanthan gum, I wanted to try them for my son.

Aww, that's rough. Once upon a time I worked in an ice cream store and I used to make homemade waffle cones. It's really not difficult. I googled it and found a waffle cone maker pretty cheap. I'm not sure if there are others out there. As expensive as those GF cones are I just might have to invest in one of these machines.

I might have to buy one of those! I was thinking I couldn't use it because my son can't have dairy or soy, but I just discovered some dairy/soy free ice cream and it is even sold in my small town! I am so excited! I was worried my son would never get to have an ice cream cone!

Dairy/soy-free ice cream

I'll let you know if it's any good.

Oooh that looks delicious! Do post back if it is any good. I don't do ice cream often because I don't handle it well, but it's nice on occasion. Sometimes you just get burned out on sorbet.

I tried it today and it was really good. I got the vanilla flavor and it just tastes like coconut ice cream, which was my favorite flavor anyway. It was $5.50 for a pint, but it's worth it for a little treat I can give Barrett every once in awhile. He doesn't like too much at once anyway.

Back
Top Bottom