Tall Order: Dessert with No Dairy, Sugar, Gluten, or Nuts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm I think the first comment in the referenced post summed it up...

reading down there is no fruit allowed either... I assume Honey is out because it is a refined sugar... not sure what is left to make a dessert. The person in question is allegedly on a cleansing diet that is super restrictive so employing artificial sweeteners seems against the point. where is the "sweet" going to come from... maybe something with carrots?
fourtunatley for the subject the diet sound temporary.

I think the comments summed it up nicely as well. It's hard to make a dessert without any kind of sugar or sweetener, but there are plenty of delicious foods that are not desserts. I personally wouldn't bring anything "made" to a person on a restrictive diet because there are too many hidden ingredients to sift through. I wouldn't let my son eat something someone else brought unless it was an apple or something like that.

I don't if you've ever heard of Stevia before, but is a natural sweetener that comes from a flower related to the sunflower. It's found in South and Central America. It's also know as sweet leaf, or sugarleaf. Wikipedia has a really interesting article on it the the benefits it can have for diabetics. The article states that it may even help reverse diabetes!

I didn't read it but you can make rice crispy treats that are all of the above.
How is that possible?

AFAIK, rice crispy treats are made with either marshmallows or marshmallow creme, generally much more by weight than the crispies.

Marshmallows are mostly refined sugars whipped with a little gelatin and a lot of air. (CLICKY)

Is there such a thing as a sugar-free marshmallow?

How is that possible?

AFAIK, rice crispy treats are made with either marshmallows or marshmallow creme, generally much more by weight than the crispies.

Marshmallows are mostly refined sugars whipped with a little gelatin and a lot of air. (CLICKY)

Is there such a thing as a sugar-free marshmallow?

Yes. you can buy suager free-gluten free marshmallow creme

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom