Teff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In those places where the convention is to use the right hand above the waist and left below, lefties conform.

Yes, but in the presence of strangers they wouldn't know you were left-handed.
Oh, I think they would. Lefties will reach for their beverage with their left hand, brush their hair off their face with their left hand, etc., etc. Not to mention, pick a spot to sit at the table so they don't bump elbows with someone. Lefties do these things automatically. Not our fault the rest of the world is out-of-synch. (Lefties are also very good at reverse engineering--we've had to do it our entire lives. I was thrilled to be able to put the fridge door on the right way when I bought a new fridge--finally! I also went against building code and reversed my hot and cold water taps when I remodeled the bathroom).

CW, PF, and any other southpaws here, my Mom was also a lefty. She loved this saying:

in-their-right-minds-300x251.gif

Oh, I think they would. Lefties will reach for their beverage with their left hand, brush their hair off their face with their left hand, etc., etc..

it works much better if you imitate cher when doing this. flick the whole mop behind your head lefty.

just a thought.

Oh, I think they would. Lefties will reach for their beverage with their left hand, brush their hair off their face with their left hand, etc., etc. Not to mention, pick a spot to sit at the table so they don't bump elbows with someone. Lefties do these things automatically. Not our fault the rest of the world is out-of-synch. (Lefties are also very good at reverse engineering--we've had to do it our entire lives. I was thrilled to be able to put the fridge door on the right way when I bought a new fridge--finally! I also went against building code and reversed my hot and cold water taps when I remodeled the bathroom).
Yes, if they were looking for it but how many people in the normal run of things are looking to see whether one is right- or left-handed?

Only when they are sitting next to a leftie at the dinner table! :angel:
A righty doesn't really notice that a person is a lefty if they sit to the lefty's right. Doesn't everyone try to seat the lefties together and to the left end of a table? Most lefties will certainly try for that kind of seating.

Yes, if they were looking for it but how many people in the normal run of things are looking to see whether one is right- or left-handed?

I always notice a leftie and right handed people look awkward to me, so I notice them, too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom