I found this website in the June edition of a NYC Magazine called Bon Appètit, that my older daughter sent me last week, and I had thought immediately of you. Here is the lovely beverage Limeade Recipe using Chia Seeds:
CHIA SEED LIMEADE ...
( Bon Appètit Magazine - June edition 2012 )
a large glass Pitcher
2 tblsps chia seeds
5 cups of mineral bottled water
2 cups of fresh lime juice squeezed
1. whisk the chia seeds with 5 cups of iced mineral water in a pitcher
2. let sit until seeds soften - 10 minutes
3. add the fresh squeezed lime juice ( I believe one can use Lemons too )
4. Sweetner: If you wish to add: 1 cup
5. stir until the sweetner dissolves
6. fill glasses with ice and pour chia lime or lemonade in glasses
I have also read on above titled website that Chia seeds can be added to oatmeal and other vegetable and fruit juices as well, as they can be grinded into a Chia Seed Flour, and thus used for bread or muffins etc.
Curiousity; the price for 4 pounds at www.bobsredmill.com
is: 34 USD Dollars, so between you and the Gent, that comes to about 17 Dollars USD per person, at 20 grams a day, recommended dosage.