"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets > Diabetic Cooking

Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #51
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I started using smaller plates when my kids were small. The salad plate was jut the right size for them. Then I graduated to luncheon size plates. Never did go for the bigger dinner plate. Even when I had company. They got to eat .off the smaller size plates.

I have never bought a 'set' of dishes. There were sizes that I knew I would never use. The cups were too small for a decent morning cup of coffee. And the dinner plates were too large. I have always bought only the dishes I knew I would use in the size that was suitable for my family. Corelle has ideal luncheon size dishes that can be bought from open stock.

And one of the benefits of smaller size dishes, is serving control. The plate looks fuller and you are tricked into thinking you ate a big meal. Great for the waistline.
I've tried this before but just looking at the small plates
I had got me depressed and I ended up eating twice as much. Have you started using the small plates in a moment of your life were you were very happy?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartina View Post
I've tried this before but just looking at the small plates
I had got me depressed and I ended up eating twice as much. Have you started using the small plates in a moment of your life were you were very happy?
I very rarely am unhappy. I pretty much roll with the punches if I am having a problem. Then I bounce back. I have been using the smaller plates for so long. It started with the kids. And as they began to leave home, I just never stopped. Since I didn't have large dinner plates, only smaller luncheon ones. Now I only use paper ones. Including bowls. I don't want to spend my last days on eath cleaning. I have been considering plastic forks, knives and spoons. The only reason I am hestiating is because of the cost. I HATE using the cheap ones like you get for take out. I may have to go to BJ's or Costco's and get the restaurant size box of the good ones. And I mean the really good ones. I don't want them breaking in my mouth while I am eating.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #53
Assistant Cook

:)

thanks
Old 01-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #54
Cook

Thumbs up Fat free, low carb, heart healthy.

I eat a lot of black turtle beans, the best tasting bean ever. And I make cream cheese out of yogurt by draining it over night and adding dry onion chips.

And Brussels sprouts have helped me lose 70lbs in one summer.

I gave up counting carbs and limiting the food I eat, I just fill up on fibrous plant foods.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnn View Post
I eat a lot of black turtle beans, the best tasting bean ever. And I make cream cheese out of yogurt by draining it over night and adding dry onion chips.

And Brussels sprouts have helped me lose 70lbs in one summer.

I gave up counting carbs and limiting the food I eat, I just fill up on fibrous plant foods.
Congradulations. Keep up the good work.