Fragile diabetic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did read your post. You didn't mention "within normal range" the first time.

I see where the OP stated what you are referring to - I guess I interpreted that as "when her blood sugar levels are off ", not just the fact that she had diabetes. I think you and I were just thinking two different thoughts. I don't think he was saying because she has diabetes her thinking is off. I have only a couple references to go on, my mother and an ex boyfriend. When either of their thinking was affected due to blood sugar levels it was due to their own behavior and no amount of "me" getting an education on diabetes was going to change that....unfortunately.

I did read your post. You didn't mention "within normal range" the first time.

I see where the OP stated what you are referring to - I guess I interpreted that as "when her blood sugar levels are off ", not just the fact that she had diabetes. I think you and I were just thinking two different thoughts. I don't think he was saying because she has diabetes her thinking is off. I have only a couple references to go on, my mother and an ex boyfriend. When either of their thinking was affected due to blood sugar levels it was due to their own behavior and no amount of "me" getting an education on diabetes was going to change that....unfortunately.

Not to be a pain in the neck or anything but,
I actually did mention within normal range here is what I said:
I do not think that blood sugar affects thinking in this manner.
Her thinking may only be affected if her blood sugar is way too low or way too high.

I understand your point about your mother or boyfriends behavior. You are correct that educating "you" will not change "them". In the case of younger diabetics it is "them" that need the education as well.

Cheers :)

Why, yes, you did say that. I'm really tired and just didn't pick up on that.

In the case of younger diabetics it is "them" that need the education as well.

Now that you add that line after the fact that makes sense too - it seems you mean more than you are saying...kind of hard to know that if you don't state it originally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom