One hint for type II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Knock it off folks. Everytime I open this thread I am guilted into checking my sugar. Do you want the folks at Winthrop to go into shock? Two daily reading in a row?

I have already been labeled "Non Compliant". Do you want me to ruin my record? BTW, I am not happy with today's numbers. Way too high for me. :angel:

My aunt was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was about 6 years old, in the 50s. My dad always said she lived as long as she did because she checked her sugar 4 times a day before it was recommended to do that. Keeping tight control is the key to avoiding complications, like kidney disease and nerve damage.
How right you are GG and I should know. Thanks
kades

Knock it off folks. Everytime I open this thread I am guilted into checking my sugar. Do you want the folks at Winthrop to go into shock? Two daily reading in a row?

I have already been labeled "Non Compliant". Do you want me to ruin my record? BTW, I am not happy with today's numbers. Way too high for me. :angel:

That's the goal ;) Yes, I want them to go into shock and for you to ruin your record. You go, girl!!

That's the goal ;) Yes, I want them to go into shock and for you to ruin your record. You go, girl!!

Well since I ignore the meter when it is right beside my bed, and I spend more time at the computer than in bed, I have decided to leave it here right on the computer desk so I will be more inclined to check my sugar more often. :angel:

maybe there should be a keyboard that stabs your finger and samples your blood as you type...

I lost 33 lbs in a 6 mth period by just switching plates
My portions large to small were - veggies, Meat, starch
When you eat on a large plate you tend to fill it up more.
using a smaller plate, the plate looks full and you are puting smaller portions on it.
Eating more veggies filled you up and the more calorie foods are less on the plate.
I have my desserts etc. But it is all moderations. I found that if I quit the sweets, I crave them more. If were are out to dinner we share the dessert, home I can just eat one cookie or a small pc of cake. during the summer if an ice ice treat is wanted I get a baby/kid cone instead. Its enough to satifify the urge. I have kept the weight off just by moderation.
I apologize to the nutritionist/diet people, your are only doing your job. I have been there, you have to listen to your patients and adjust to thier needs not just because it says to do this cause its in the books. I watch my father in law die as he was told no more salami,peperoni, he was polish and grew up on that. Yes that was bad for him. but instead of cutting it out al together tell him to limit those to one or to days of week. He would of been a much happy person. When you take that away they get depress cause food is not satifiying him. He was 83 when he passed. his cholestrol and heart was great. He died of a stroke, I saw how miserable he was while recovering I got him an italian sub and you should of seen that man eat that, it was like giving candy to kid. He lived a couple more years happy, as he ended up treating himself once and awhile. Happiest is also the key to a good life.
on another note, my husband was a smoker, while in the hospital one time the nurse came in one afternoon and gave him the riot act up one side of him down the other about his smoking. then when I left to go home about 15min after her upon walking out of the hospital a group of nurses were standing there. WHo is with them, that same nurse smoking . I walked up to her a just said "Really"??? she avoid conversation as much as possiable for the rest of his stay. I hated him smoking also but the more you push the longer they smoke, men are like children LOL.
Sorry To go on but I get iratated by these people that tell you how to live.

One of the nice things about this forum is that no one tells you what to do. They let you know what works for them and offer suggestions. We have one member here who has to lose weight. So there are some of us who follow the 'what did you have for breakfast, lunch, supper'. she has been very good about posting her meals. Several noticed that she wasn't eating any protein in the morning. So we all offered her suggestions of what she could eat in the morning in order to get the protein she needed. Our support really means a lot to her. We all take pride everytime she lets us know if she has lost any of the weight. Even if it is only three pounds. Unfortunately the holidays weren't kind to her, but she did a heck of a lot better than we expected her to do. She did a lot better than any of us. We have all been at the point where we need to lose some weight. So any suggestion is always welcome. And of course it goes without saying, we always support anyone who is making a concerted effort to lose weight. :angel:

Three days in a row. I am setting some kind of record. Will try to do better this week. Wouldn't it be great if I had five days in a row instead of just five days in the month? The next time I go to Winthrop, they will all be on the floor.

I used to fax my readings to them. But since I got rid of my land line, I now just print them out and bring them with me when I go for my monthly checkup for vitals.

bt, I will give some thought to glueing thumbtacks, point up on the keyboard. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom