Raspberry Parfait ..LF & w/Diabetic Exchanges
"Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine" by Betty Marks
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon crystalline fructose
- 1 tablespoon slivered blanched almonds
In a mixing bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water and then
place over hot water to dissolve. Stir in the raspberries,
yogurt, and vanilla and chill.
In the meantime, beat egg whites until frothy and add the
fructose. beat again until peaks form, then fold into the
raspberry mixture. Chill until set.
Serve in parfait glasses, topped with slivered almonds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 96, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Carbohydrate: 13 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 78 mg, Fat: 1.2 g ++++ Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1/2 Fat