"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources

Old 09-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #101
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
...One feature I think might be useful would be some way to flag items that you have a coupon for. I could see using that occasionally, but other than that, I wouldn't want it to be cluttered with too many features.
I was thinking about that. I thought about adding a C to an item, to indicate that we have a coupon, but then you'd have to remember to remove it the next time you put it on the list. Hopefully the developers will add that as a new feature.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #102
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Is anyone else using the newish feature that you can attach a photo to an item? I use it most for health food store items. Sometimes stuff hasn't been put out front yet. If I can show a picture of the item to the staff, it makes it easier for them to find the one I want in the back. Sometimes it helps them remember where, in the store, they have seen it.
That appears to be a feature of the paid version. I tried it and it said I needed to upgrade.

DH and I both have it on our phones now. I might buy it if it works out well for us.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #103
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay, my first day with this app and I have six stores set up, including Lowe's, our local farmers market and the nearby Asian grocery store Loving this
Old 09-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #104
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I had to check, I have 12 stores set up, including garden, Mpls meat market, and Penzey's
Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #105
Senior Cook

I don't shop many stores and this sounds like you enter info to many stores?
The Reminder app works for my short list. Usually pretty basic. Trader joes is the only store where I buy specific items. Happy this works for so many. Sounds like a great app .
Old 09-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #106
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodieFanatic View Post
I don't shop many stores and this sounds like you enter info to many stores?
The Reminder app works for my short list. Usually pretty basic. Trader joes is the only store where I buy specific items. Happy this works for so many. Sounds like a great app .
You don't have to use it for a lot of stores. It only comes with one. I added the others, including a drugstore.

The primary benefit, as I see it, is that DH and I can share lists, so when I add an item, it shows up on his phone, and when one of us buys something, we cross it off the list and we won't duplicate purchases, since the lists are synchronized.

And you can use the lists for anything. I'm going to add one for our local garden store, too. It's time to plan fall gardening here! ☺
Old 09-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #107
Senior Cook

Thanks! I'm the food shopper so it wouldn't do us any good. (sigh)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #108
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Does anyone in your household do any shopping for everyone? Or are there any lists you and a household member both work from? Paint colors, household items, errands? It doesn't have to be food.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #109
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
That appears to be a feature of the paid version. I tried it and it said I needed to upgrade.

DH and I both have it on our phones now. I might buy it if it works out well for us.
Oh yeah, that's right. I have the paid version. Maybe that's why Stirling has can't see time see the pix sometimes.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #110
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Does anyone tell you when stuff is running out? Let them update that on your list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Does anyone in your household do any shopping for everyone? Or are there any lists you and a household member both work from? Paint colors, household items, errands? It doesn't have to be food.
Exactly