Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry: DANG DANG DANG DOUBLE DANG.:angry:

I wish I could have this on my new Nook Tablet!! It's the only high tech item I carry and I'm loving all the things it can do. I emailed them a request but imagine it fell on deaf ears. I have a little used Trac Phone for emergencies only, and it suits me just fine that I'm out of touch. :LOL: I'd sure love to have this handy app though.

Kayelle said:
:angry: DANG DANG DANG DOUBLE DANG.:angry:

I wish I could have this on my new Nook Tablet!! It's the only high tech item I carry and I'm loving all the things it can do. I emailed them a request but imagine it fell on deaf ears. I have a little used Trac Phone for emergencies only, and it suits me just fine that I'm out of touch. :LOL: I'd sure love to have this handy app though.

Does the Nook have an app store, Kayelle? Maybe it's buried there somewhere. I was able to put the app on my iPad as well as my iPhone. You can also put the app on your PC.

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
Thanks so much Dawg! I'm looking into it right away. ;)

Kayelle, I found this for Nook. It sounds similar, is highly rated, but will set ya back a dollar. Look in Nook app store, lifestyle, food.

Quick Shopper
byBrian Swartzfager

NOOK App
$1
BN.com price

Overview

This shopping list app that is a simple replacement for the old "pen and paper" list.
Features:

--Builds an item catalog over time you can use to build future lists, so you don't have to re-enter the same items every time you make a list.

--View your shopping list in alphabetical order, or in order by the aisle numbers you provide, so you can check off items down the list as you walk your normal path through the store.

--Add an item in your catalog to your current shopping list with just a tap, and check off an item from your list the same way, making list management quick and easy.

When you first start using the app, you'll build your shopping list by ...

Last edited:
I use an ap called shopshop. I can't imagine anyone here adding to my list but me. At least they are good about texting me or telling me when we run out of something. I will have to check this ap out to see if I would be better to have it in place of what i have.

I use an ap called shopshop. I can't imagine anyone here adding to my list but me. At least they are good about texting me or telling me when we run out of something. I will have to check this ap out to see if I would be better to have it in place of what i have.

Frank and I always find that we have multiple containers of milk, cans of tomatoes, etc. The conversation is always, "Why did you get milk? I got it last night!" Then a carton gets thrown away and we grump about it then will need milk and another two containers show up. This app should help us with that as we will share the list and add milk...then it will be crossed off when the other hits the store. :) Besides, I loved the stalker-feature of watching items get crossed off. :LOL:

Kathleen said:
Frank and I always find that we have multiple containers of milk, cans of tomatoes, etc. The conversation is always, "Why did you get milk? I got it last night!" Then a carton gets thrown away and we grump about it then will need milk and another two containers show up. This app should help us with that as we will share the list and add milk...then it will be crossed off when the other hits the store. :) Besides, I loved the stalker-feature of watching items get crossed off. :LOL:

That does sound good, but I am the only one to buy food too!

Kayelle, I found this for Nook. It sounds similar, is highly rated, but will set ya back a dollar. Look in Nook app store, lifestyle, food.

Quick Shopper
byBrian Swartzfager

NOOK App
$1
BN.com price

Overview

This shopping list app that is a simple replacement for the old "pen and paper" list.
Features:

--Builds an item catalog over time you can use to build future lists, so you don't have to re-enter the same items every time you make a list.

--View your shopping list in alphabetical order, or in order by the aisle numbers you provide, so you can check off items down the list as you walk your normal path through the store.

--Add an item in your catalog to your current shopping list with just a tap, and check off an item from your list the same way, making list management quick and easy.

When you first start using the app, you'll build your shopping list by ...

awwww ((((((((Dawg)))))))) you just made my day!! I just downloaded the "Quick Shopper" to my Nook Tablet and I'm really tickled !!
Dang girl, you're really good!! I found others available but not this one and it's really ideal !! SMOOCH........:kiss::clap:
I'd bake you a cake but I don't bake. :LOL:
How about a pot of my Chili Verde?

Yum! Would love it, Kayelle!

So glad it worked out for you!

Besides, most of the places I shop don't have their stock listed online.

One feature I think might be useful would be some way to flag items that you have a coupon for. I could see using that occasionally, but other than that, I wouldn't want it to be cluttered with too many features. :LOL:

Sorry for not being more detailed. You can connect to the sale flyers of nearly every store. I make a list from that, and also a list of what we're out of, although I've been trying to go through my larder that I froze/canned/dehydrated/bought on sale. Trying to stick to fresh.

One of my requests to the developer was the ability to scan coupons and match them to items on lists, which he is working on.

DH does not have a smartphone. He barely has a dumbphone, and he likes it that way. It would qualify as an antique. So, I just email him the list or a specific item and he can get it.

This app also has an inventory feature, which I love. If I see a recipe I want to try, I just pick up my phone and see if I have the ingredients, rather than rooting around trying to find things.

I also tried Grocery King, but didn't like it. I like Mighty Grocery, but use it for different things - not groceries.

My bf liked this app even more than I expected- after I installed it on both our phones and synched it up using my email ( it is sooooo easy) he said, "Cool!!" and immediately added a couple things so we could watch them pop up on my phone. Perfect!!

Quick Shopper
byBrian Swartzfager

NOOK App
$1
BN.com price...

My fDIL just got a Nook for Christmas, so I sent this to her, and she got it and loves it!

Should mention here about the very cranky looks I get when I'm trying to get my list on my phone; people seem to think I' just fooling around with my phone in the aisles. See if it doesn't happen to you.;)

Should mention here about the very cranky looks I get when I'm trying to get my list on my phone; people seem to think I' just fooling around with my phone in the aisles. See if it doesn't happen to you.;)
I've noticed some of that, too. I just smile and shrug. :)

On the other hand, I've already seen one other shopper using the same app.

Back
Top Bottom