Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had some weird looks, but since I also mutter to myself as I peruse the shelves I think people are just trying to get as far away from the crazy lady as possible. Heeheehee...I love it when a plan comes together!

Did I mention how much I love this little app? My DH adds from his BB, as does DD#1, DD#2 uses her iPod and adds stuff. Its really been a godsend. Thanks Steve!

Alix said:
I've had some weird looks, but since I also mutter to myself as I peruse the shelves I think people are just trying to get as far away from the crazy lady as possible. Heeheehee...I love it when a plan comes together!

Did I mention how much I love this little app? My DH adds from his BB, as does DD#1, DD#2 uses her iPod and adds stuff. Its really been a godsend. Thanks Steve!

But are you wearing your tinfoil hat?

We use this app everyday. It's become cliche in the house like your parents telling you to look something up in the dictionary...."get your phone and put it on the list."

Others have come up and asked Mrs 40 C and I about TEAM SHOPPING with our phones.

DH still likes the old fashioned way, he copies his iPhone OurGroceries list on his favorite scrap of paper. (tearing out hair). At least the phone is in his pocket while he shops in case he loses his list. I so need to get him a tinfoil or armadillo hat.

I really like that I can add stuff from any piece of technology.

Last edited:
Is anyone else trying to sync the lists and menus with there PC? I signed up for an account online and I typed in a list and a menu. I downloaded the app for the iPhone. I told it the master email address. I was asked, from the website, to confirm that my phone was supposed to share the lists. I confirmed.

I can't find the list or menu on my phone. I wonder if there is something obvious that I'm missing. Does this work for anyone else?

I can't speak specifically for iPhone, because I don't own one, but I've been able to sync lists without any problem from both the PC and the Android app. I haven't tried the menu feature at all.

taxlady said:
Is anyone else trying to sync the lists and menus with there PC? I signed up for an account online and I typed in a list and a menu. I downloaded the app for the iPhone. I told it the master email address. I was asked, from the website, to confirm that my phone was supposed to share the lists. I confirmed.

I can't find the list or menu on my phone. I wonder if there is something obvious that I'm missing. Does this work for anyone else?

I synced 2 iPhones and 2 iPads, had to type in the same email on each device and confirm on each one separately. I don't remember specifics, will try to track it down.

TL, did you get the little orange slices icon on your iPhone? On my PC I googled Ourgroceries, did what they asked, and they sent me a PW from my PC. Now I can get it on the PC. Will do the same on my work laptop tomorrow, using the PW.

Last edited:
Yup, I got the orange slices on the iPhone.

I'm going to try with a different email address. I know the one on the phone is good 'cause they asked me to confirm with the PC, that my phone is allowed to access the my list. Or maybe I'll delete the address on the phone and try again, first.

Go to settings on your phone and you'll get it going. Or is it that you can't find it? Check the Applications and see if you can find it.

Did you guys set up your accounts with OurGroceries from your phones? How did you enter email addy and passwords?

Go to settings on your phone and you'll get it going. Or is it that you can't find it? Check the Applications and see if you can find it.

I don't understand.

I went to settings on the phone and gave it the email addy of the account I set up online to use with a PC. It asked for the password and I gave it. But, the lists don't show up.

Not sure I understand either. Try googling Ourgroceries on your PC, when it comes up go to My Account, it will ask you for your email, then will send you a PW on your email. Use that for your PC. Worked slick for me tonight.

You have to open your email, and approve the use of your iPhone in the link sent to your email. Did you do that?

Not sure I understand either. Try googling Ourgroceries on your PC, when it comes up go to My Account, it will ask you for your email, then will send you a PW on your email. Use that for your PC. Worked slick for me tonight.

Did you set it all up on your phone first?

When I set up the account on my PC, it asked me to make up a password and I did.

Now I tried making a list on the phone, and that isn't showing up on the PC. Aargh

taxlady said:
Did you set it all up on your phone first?

When I set up the account on my PC, it asked me to make up a password and I did.

Now I tried making a list on the phone, and that isn't showing up on the PC. Aargh

I set mine up on my phone first. This is weird, as the transition was flawless from phones to iPads. Try doing the google thing, it resets your password and sends you an email with a new PW.

I set mine up on my phone first. This is weird, as the transition was flawless from phones to iPads. Try doing the google thing, it resets your password and sends you an email with a new PW.

I don't understand what you mean by doing the Google thing. I know the URL for OurGroceries. Are you saying I should sign out?

taxlady said:
I don't understand what you mean by doing the Google thing. I know the URL for OurGroceries. Are you saying I should sign out?

No. Google Ourgroceries. Just try the above instructions, it will send you an additional PW to use on your PC by email. You keep your original PW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom