Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. Google Ourgroceries. Just try the above instructions, it will send you an additional PW to use on your PC by email. You keep your original PW.

Do I google "ourgroceries" on the phone or on the PC?

Then, which result do I click? I tried from the PC and it didn't send me a new password. It asked me if I had an account and did I remember my password. I answered yes to both and it signed me in.

I'm sure there is something really obvious, that I am just missing.

taxlady, bear with me, I just need to walk through this to see if I can help you out.

You set up OurGroceries on your computer, then downloaded the app on your phone. You went to your email and confirmed your phone has access to your lists. When you go to the App on your phone, what do you see? On mine, I see the header Shopping Lists and under that the lists I've created. Under that I see Add a shopping list...Then the Recipes section. Is that what you see on your phone?

taxlady, bear with me, I just need to walk through this to see if I can help you out.

You set up OurGroceries on your computer, then downloaded the app on your phone. You went to your email and confirmed your phone has access to your lists. When you go to the App on your phone, what do you see? On mine, I see the header Shopping Lists and under that the lists I've created. Under that I see Add a shopping list...Then the Recipes section. Is that what you see on your phone?

Yes, but I only see the list that came with the app and the one I created on the phone, called "test". I don't see the ones I created on my PC on the website.

Well somewhere on the List Sharing it got buggered up. I would suggest you go to the settings on the OurGroceries app on the phone and then go to the List Sharing thing and start over.

Well somewhere on the List Sharing it got buggered up. I would suggest you go to the settings on the OurGroceries app on the phone and then go to the List Sharing thing and start over.

I already did that once. :ermm:

I want to start another account from the phone and then link to that from the web. When I tried to do that, I entered a completely different email address for the sharing. It told me that person either wasn't sharing or hadn't replied up yet.

How did you set up the master email address from the phone?

You would go to your Applications and uninstall it from there.

I installed the App on my phone, then I set up the email from there. My kids and husband downloaded their Apps and sent a request to me. I didn't set up the PC portion of things until tonight.

I can't figure out why the two won't link. The only thing I can figure is that you used different email for both settings. Can you send an email request to the account you use on the PC and link your phone to that?

You would go to your Applications and uninstall it from there.

??? I have a bunch of icons on the screen. One of the icons is the OurGroceries app. If I touch that it opens the app. I don't see a way to get to anything called "applications" or "apps". They are just there on the screen.

I installed the App on my phone, then I set up the email from there. My kids and husband downloaded their Apps and sent a request to me. I didn't set up the PC portion of things until tonight.

Did you go to settings and then List Sharing and enter the email address?

I can't figure out why the two won't link. The only thing I can figure is that you used different email for both settings. Can you send an email request to the account you use on the PC and link your phone to that?

I don't see how the email address can be different. I entered the email address into the phone, as described above, and within seconds, I got email on my PC asking if I wanted to share my lists with "Linda's phone". On the phone it said something about the person with whom I wished to share hadn't responded. After I clicked the link in the email (on the PC) to give permission to share with "Linda's phone", the message on the phone changed to one telling me I was sharing with what looks like the master password I set up on the website with the PC.

taxlady said:
How do I remove an app from the phone? I'm thinking I may have to remove it and start over.

Put your finger on any app and hold. All the apps will start to jiggle, and have a little x in the corner. Tap the x, it will tell you it will remove the app. Remove it, then download it again from the app store.

Well that's what should have happened. I can't explain why you can't see lists from one to the other. That's odd. It sounds like you did everything right. As soon as I confirmed everyone they were all able to see my lists, create lists and add stuff. Would refreshing anything help?

Thank you ladies, for all your patience and help.

I deleted the app. I downloaded it again. I noticed that I had to be signed in with my app store account. Well, that's a different password than I was using for OurGroceries. (I use lots of different disposable email addresses so I know who to blame, if I start getting a spam to a specific email addy.)

Then I went to OurGroceries and set up another account, this time using my App Store email address. Yes, they sent me a password. I'll have to go change that. Now it works.

Thanks again.

Well that's weird.
This thread showed up in my New Posts and the last post was supposedly made at 6:34 today, but I'm looking at the last post right now by Dawg and it's dated 2012.

Last edited:
Well that's weird.
This thread showed up in my New Posts and the last post was supposedly made at 6:34 today, but I'm looking at the last post right now by Dawg and it's dated 2012.

Sorry, Pac. I bumped it as folks had been talking about it on another thread. It also had a forum change.

Pac, maybe your internet server is running slow. Shake that etch-a-sketch to liven it up a bit. :LOL:

I've been using PepperPlate ( pepperplate dot com) as a free app for the last year or so. Mostly for recipe storage. They have a pretty extensive list of supported sites so it's easy to import recipes with just one click. I keep a running list incidentals I need like at the hardware store, not necessities, just items to jog my memory the next time I really need to go there. Or whereever. You know-- Produce, cheese, dairy, nails screws,:wacko:. It works. for me.

Sorry, Pac. I bumped it as folks had been talking about it on another thread. It also had a forum change.

ahhh... thanks. I didn't realize a bump would affect the last post time we see. I thought maybe there was a merge from all the B... I mean OT ;) banter in the running script thread, but none of the posts were here when I looked for them :wacko:
carry on :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom