"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources

Old 01-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #61
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
No. Google Ourgroceries. Just try the above instructions, it will send you an additional PW to use on your PC by email. You keep your original PW.
Do I google "ourgroceries" on the phone or on the PC?

Then, which result do I click? I tried from the PC and it didn't send me a new password. It asked me if I had an account and did I remember my password. I answered yes to both and it signed me in.

I'm sure there is something really obvious, that I am just missing.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #62
Everymom

taxlady, bear with me, I just need to walk through this to see if I can help you out.

You set up OurGroceries on your computer, then downloaded the app on your phone. You went to your email and confirmed your phone has access to your lists. When you go to the App on your phone, what do you see? On mine, I see the header Shopping Lists and under that the lists I've created. Under that I see Add a shopping list...Then the Recipes section. Is that what you see on your phone?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
taxlady, bear with me, I just need to walk through this to see if I can help you out.

You set up OurGroceries on your computer, then downloaded the app on your phone. You went to your email and confirmed your phone has access to your lists. When you go to the App on your phone, what do you see? On mine, I see the header Shopping Lists and under that the lists I've created. Under that I see Add a shopping list...Then the Recipes section. Is that what you see on your phone?
Yes, but I only see the list that came with the app and the one I created on the phone, called "test". I don't see the ones I created on my PC on the website.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #64
Everymom

Do you see lists you create on your phone on the PC?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Do you see lists you create on your phone on the PC?
No.

I would think that I mistyped the email address on the phone, but I got email from ourgroceries asking me to confirm sharing with my phone.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #66
Everymom

Well somewhere on the List Sharing it got buggered up. I would suggest you go to the settings on the OurGroceries app on the phone and then go to the List Sharing thing and start over.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well somewhere on the List Sharing it got buggered up. I would suggest you go to the settings on the OurGroceries app on the phone and then go to the List Sharing thing and start over.
I already did that once.

I want to start another account from the phone and then link to that from the web. When I tried to do that, I entered a completely different email address for the sharing. It told me that person either wasn't sharing or hadn't replied up yet.

How did you set up the master email address from the phone?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #68
Chef Extraordinaire

How do I remove an app from the phone? I'm thinking I may have to remove it and start over.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #69
Everymom

You would go to your Applications and uninstall it from there.

I installed the App on my phone, then I set up the email from there. My kids and husband downloaded their Apps and sent a request to me. I didn't set up the PC portion of things until tonight.

I can't figure out why the two won't link. The only thing I can figure is that you used different email for both settings. Can you send an email request to the account you use on the PC and link your phone to that?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
You would go to your Applications and uninstall it from there.

??? I have a bunch of icons on the screen. One of the icons is the OurGroceries app. If I touch that it opens the app. I don't see a way to get to anything called "applications" or "apps". They are just there on the screen.

Quote:
I installed the App on my phone, then I set up the email from there. My kids and husband downloaded their Apps and sent a request to me. I didn't set up the PC portion of things until tonight.
Did you go to settings and then List Sharing and enter the email address?

Quote:
I can't figure out why the two won't link. The only thing I can figure is that you used different email for both settings. Can you send an email request to the account you use on the PC and link your phone to that?
I don't see how the email address can be different. I entered the email address into the phone, as described above, and within seconds, I got email on my PC asking if I wanted to share my lists with "Linda's phone". On the phone it said something about the person with whom I wished to share hadn't responded. After I clicked the link in the email (on the PC) to give permission to share with "Linda's phone", the message on the phone changed to one telling me I was sharing with what looks like the master password I set up on the website with the PC.