Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Ok, I think this is one of those so-simple-it's-cool sort of things. It's a smartphone app for managing your grocery list, and the best part is it's shareable among other family members with smartphones.

OurGroceries

So for example, my wife is sitting at the dentist's office and remembers that we're out of bananas. Rather than have to remember to add it to the list when she gets home, she pulls up this app on her phone and types in "bananas." I'm at the grocery store and I see "bananas" show up on my list in real time.

You can share your lists with whoever you like. And if they don't have a smartphone, it's also possible to update the grocery list online from a PC.

Slick, eh?... and Free!

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company. I just thought I would share because it's neat)

Ok that is great since I usually carry around a scrap piece of paper I find at work and lose it by the time I get to the store. Sometimes I will even have 2 or 3 scraps floating around. Downloaded and playing with it now. ;)

Now I wish I had a smart phone.

I wonder how my cell phone provider counts the usage for something like that.

Last edited:
This is cool! On his way home from work, DH usually calls for a list, loses the list, and calls again for the list. I'm downloading the app.

Thanks, Steve!

Even though it's a smartphone app, I was able to put it on our iPads as well as on our iPhones.

We use Our Groceries, too. I like that you can sort the list into categories, then next time you enter "milk" it automatically is listed under "Dairy."

Very cool app. Mrs. 40 C and I are going to try it out today.

Installed this on the all of the household iPhones. Now everyone can add items to the grocery list during the week. The best part is when Mrs 40 C and I team shop the items get "crossed off" in real time and we don't duplicate efforts.

Great Find Steve! :punk:

Kathleen said:
I have the app. Can you delete recipes? I really do not need the Greek salad recipe on the list!

I'm sure you can. I'm just exploring too. Hit the set of gears up on the left, it will help you out.

Ha! Went to the Greek salad recipe, it had a delete button right there! And I deleted it!

Last edited:
Well...I deleted it. Not sure how, but it is gone. :D

I also just sat here during Frank's store run and watched items get crossed off. It felt rather stalker-ish. :LOL:

Kathleen said:
Well...I deleted it. Not sure how, but it is gone. :D

I also just sat here during Frank's store run and watched items get crossed off. It felt rather stalker-ish. :LOL:

:LOL: I can't wait to stalk DH's store run! Too funny!

MyPantry2 does the same thing; it also keeps an inventory, and connects to any grocery stores's site, from which you can make your list. I can scan what I'm buying and keep a price book.

Kathleen and I were discussing this yesterday morning and how nice it would be to have something we could share a list in. I had plans of looking for something so this thread was very timely.

I used it last night on the store run for a few items and it was useful. We shall see if it gets more useful over time.

And I deleted the recipe, Kathleen just wants to take credit. :LOL:

MyPantry2 does the same thing; it also keeps an inventory, and connects to any grocery stores's site, from which you can make your list. I can scan what I'm buying and keep a price book.
That sounds neat, too, but I don't need anything that complicated myself. I've just found from past experience that the more complicated an app is, the more error prone it is, and the less likely I am to use it. Besides, most of the places I shop don't have their stock listed online.

One feature I think might be useful would be some way to flag items that you have a coupon for. I could see using that occasionally, but other than that, I wouldn't want it to be cluttered with too many features.

By the way, my wife was at the big box store this morning and called to see if I had picked up toilet paper yesterday. I told her "Check the app. Do you see toilet paper crossed off the list?"

"No."

"Ok, I guess we need toilet paper then."

Love it! :LOL:

Last edited:
My boyfriend always finishes something, then doesn't tell me, so I get home from the store and realize we are out of eggs. I used to have a list on the fridge but that never seemed to work either. Maybe I can get him to write stuff on the list from the comfort of the couch lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom