Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, where was I all this time, I totally missed this thread and it is way cool. We always have the grocery list problem.

I love this app. Stirling finally put it on his tablet. I like it enough that I paid for it.

I love it too, I've been considering paying for it as well. Other than no ads, are there any other perks?

How do I get it to work on my wife's phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

How do I get it to work on my wife's phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Charlie, it's been awhile, but I think when you first got the Our Groceries app you got a code that you can put into all your devices. I was able to sinc it to all our phones, iPads, and my PC. Look it up online, they should have instructions.

I think she just has to give your email address and password. Stirling recently put it on his tablet. That's what he did. Then I got a message asking me if that was alright, so I said yes.

Charlie, it's been awhile, but I think when you first got the Our Groceries app you got a code that you can put into all your devices. I was able to sinc it to all our phones, iPads, and my PC. Look it up online, they should have instructions.

Like Taxlady said. Who ever sets up the account just needs to have each person use the exact same info.

I use it on my pc too. I think I set up the account this way to.

On my iPad, the gear icon at the top left of the screen will take you to List Sharing.

I put a Note app on my Nook and I use that. I don't have anyone to share a list with.

Someday I might!

With love,
~Cat

Charlie, there should be a setup section where you as the original downloader input your email address. Once you've done that, everyone who wants to connect to your lists sends you a request to that email address through the App. You approve it and you should be good to go. My husband can't get the App on his old and crappy BlackBerry but everyone else in the house can do it with an iPod or with their phones.

Good luck! I love this app, I've created lists for the girls when they're out shopping and send them requests. It's awesome.

Alix, I did just that. But, my phone and my wife's are still not sync together. Not sure what else to do.

Alix, I did just that. But, my phone and my wife's are still not sync together. Not sure what else to do.
Charlie,

Here is what you need to do:
  1. Open the Our Groceries app on YOUR phone. Go into settings and select "List Sharing".
  2. It should say "You are currently using blah@blah.com's grocery list" (blah@blah.com should be your email address)
  3. Where it says "Your name, to identify yourself in the confirmation email", put your name
  4. Down at the bottom, tap "Send". This will send an email to the email address you specified. Once you get the email, you MUST click on the confirmation link.
  5. Open the Our Groceries app on YOUR WIFE's phone. Go into settings and select "List Sharing".
  6. It should have the exact same email address as your phone.
  7. Where it says "Your name, to identify yourself in the confirmation email", put your wife's name
  8. Tap "Send" at the bottom. This will send you an email that has your wife's name. Once you get the email, you MUST click on the confirmation link.

Note that you must click on the confirmation link for each email you receive. Every individual's phone has to be authorized by you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve, I'll try again. I think there is a problem with my e-mail account, that is why I am having problem with this app too.

Is anyone else using the newish feature that you can attach a photo to an item? I use it most for health food store items. Sometimes stuff hasn't been put out front yet. If I can show a picture of the item to the staff, it makes it easier for them to find the one I want in the back. Sometimes it helps them remember where, in the store, they have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom