Grocery List Smartphone App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...One feature I think might be useful would be some way to flag items that you have a coupon for. I could see using that occasionally, but other than that, I wouldn't want it to be cluttered with too many features.

I was thinking about that. I thought about adding a C to an item, to indicate that we have a coupon, but then you'd have to remember to remove it the next time you put it on the list. Hopefully the developers will add that as a new feature.

Is anyone else using the newish feature that you can attach a photo to an item? I use it most for health food store items. Sometimes stuff hasn't been put out front yet. If I can show a picture of the item to the staff, it makes it easier for them to find the one I want in the back. Sometimes it helps them remember where, in the store, they have seen it.

That appears to be a feature of the paid version. I tried it and it said I needed to upgrade.

DH and I both have it on our phones now. I might buy it if it works out well for us.

Okay, my first day with this app and I have six stores set up, including Lowe's, our local farmers market and the nearby Asian grocery store ;) Loving this :heart:

I had to check, I have 12 stores set up, including garden, Mpls meat market, and Penzey's :blush:

I don't shop many stores and this sounds like you enter info to many stores?
The Reminder app works for my short list. Usually pretty basic. Trader joes is the only store where I buy specific items. Happy this works for so many. Sounds like a great app .

I don't shop many stores and this sounds like you enter info to many stores?
The Reminder app works for my short list. Usually pretty basic. Trader joes is the only store where I buy specific items. Happy this works for so many. Sounds like a great app .

You don't have to use it for a lot of stores. It only comes with one. I added the others, including a drugstore.

The primary benefit, as I see it, is that DH and I can share lists, so when I add an item, it shows up on his phone, and when one of us buys something, we cross it off the list and we won't duplicate purchases, since the lists are synchronized.

And you can use the lists for anything. I'm going to add one for our local garden store, too. It's time to plan fall gardening here! ☺

Last edited:
That appears to be a feature of the paid version. I tried it and it said I needed to upgrade.

DH and I both have it on our phones now. I might buy it if it works out well for us.
Oh yeah, that's right. I have the paid version. Maybe that's why Stirling has can't see time see the pix sometimes.

Thanks! I'm the food shopper so it wouldn't do us any good. (sigh)
Does anyone tell you when stuff is running out? Let them update that on your list.
Does anyone in your household do any shopping for everyone? Or are there any lists you and a household member both work from? Paint colors, household items, errands? It doesn't have to be food.
Exactly

Does anyone in your household do any shopping for everyone? Or are there any lists you and a household member both work from? Paint colors, household items, errands? It doesn't have to be food.
My wife and I do the same thing. In addition to shopping, we use it in our house for pretty much anything that involves a list we want to collaborate on, including to-do lists, checklists for various things, vacation ideas, etc,

It's nice to be able to add something on a whim.

I'm officially addicted. I love this app. I added the local Feed & Seed Store, for fall vegetables and flowers keep looking at my lists, trying to think of other stuff to add :LOL:

Thanks, Steve! When you originally posted this, DH didn't have a smartphone. And thanks again, taxy, for mentioning it! :)

I have lists for our vacation destinations, special events, plant market, craft store too.

There's another feature I recently discovered, you can "flag" stuff. That might be good for things like prescriptions, coupons, etc.

Last edited:
I have lists for our vacation destinations, special events, plant market, craft store too.

There's another feature I recently discovered, you can "flag" stuff. That might be good for things like prescriptions, coupons, etc.
Do you mean adding a star from the info about the item? I haven't really figured out a use for that.

I guess I'm still standing with my feet firmly planted in the 20th century. We have a white board on the fridge and both of us write stuff on it for shopping lists. Upper left for the supermarket, upper right for Costco, other corners for other stores. The one downside is that I have to either carry the white board to the stores or copy the list onto a piece of paper.

I suppose I could take a picture of it...

I guess I'm still standing with my feet firmly planted in the 20th century. We have a white board on the fridge and both of us write stuff on it for shopping lists. Upper left for the supermarket, upper right for Costco, other corners for other stores. The one downside is that I have to either carry the white board to the stores or copy the list onto a piece of paper.

I suppose I could take a picture of it...

That's what I do. My brother was over one time and saw my grocery list, and asked me if my white board was a bit bulky to carry shopping with me. :LOL:

From another one stuck in last century. :ermm::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom