"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources
Old 07-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #101
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
In my recent Spice House order, I got a jar of Lake Shore Drive Seasoning. It's the same blend as Fox Point; in fact, they mention exactly that in their online catalog: " This blend is known as Fox Point Seasoning in our original Milwaukee Spice House location". I don't care what they all call it, it was wonderful on our grilled shrimp a few weeks back, and mixed into plain bread crumbs to top some baked fish. Have also used it on chicken and scrambled eggs. Now I want to make potatoes so I can us it like that, Cheryl! Maybe mixed into a little Greek yogurt or sour cream to top a baked potato?

Lake Shore Drive is the southern version !

Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #102
Chef Extraordinaire
I came home to our trip to the beach to my Penzey's order. I haven't tried Fox Point before but it gets rave reviews on the Penzey's Facebook fan page. Got that free with a coupon, free shipping with a minimum $20 order and a free sample of Greek seasoning. Yum!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1437510866101.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	23141  

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:10 AM   #103
Master Chef
Cute, jennyema!

It was like Christmas, right GG? I love the Greek seasoning, but lately it's tasted too salty to me. When I got an order from Spice House I got their Sunny Greek Islands Salt-Free Seasoning version. It's a little bit different of a herb mix, having a few extras not in the Penzeys version. It will be interesting to compare them one-on-one, just as soon as I'm almost out of the Penzeys Greek.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #104
Head Chef
I love their herbes de Provence--I use it on pork and chicken, and to put on my homemade crusty bread before baking.

Just bought a pound of cocoa--I have a craving for chocolate.

I just haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister.
sparrowgrass is offline   Reply With Quote