Penzeys spices: Any opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my recent Spice House order, I got a jar of Lake Shore Drive Seasoning. It's the same blend as Fox Point; in fact, they mention exactly that in their online catalog: " This blend is known as Fox Point Seasoning in our original Milwaukee Spice House location". I don't care what they all call it, it was wonderful on our grilled shrimp a few weeks back, and mixed into plain bread crumbs to top some baked fish. Have also used it on chicken and scrambled eggs. Now I want to make potatoes so I can us it like that, Cheryl! Maybe mixed into a little Greek yogurt or sour cream to top a baked potato? :yum:

Lake Shore Drive is the southern version ! :LOL:

I came home to our trip to the beach to my Penzey's order. I haven't tried Fox Point before but it gets rave reviews on the Penzey's Facebook fan page. Got that free with a coupon, free shipping with a minimum $20 order and a free sample of Greek seasoning. Yum!

Attachments

• 1437510866101.jpg
    1437510866101.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 505
Cute, jennyema!

It was like Christmas, right GG? I love the Greek seasoning, but lately it's tasted too salty to me. When I got an order from Spice House I got their Sunny Greek Islands Salt-Free Seasoning version. It's a little bit different of a herb mix, having a few extras not in the Penzeys version. It will be interesting to compare them one-on-one, just as soon as I'm almost out of the Penzeys Greek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom