Penzeys spices: Any opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never even been near an actual store. I just have faith in our members and took their word when I got a catalog in my hands.:) Yes, I am easily led astray...Very glad you had fun!

I like their catalog just for the recipes.
I love their portobello tacos. :yum:

I went to the store in Oak Park, Il., when I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law about 8 years ago. They were at work and DH had gone home the day before, so I got to check it out on my own. Had a great time and have ordered from the catalog ever since. Love the stuff.

I need an excuse to go to Richmond now lol

...celery seed is an under used spice, imo. it's a sneaky background kind of thing. i use it in steak or chicken rubs.

never thought to use it in sauce, though.

The only sauce recipe I've seen it in is Mom-I-L's. I don't know why it's there but I've never questioned it - her version is drool-worthy. :pig: I mean, when your own Mom things your MIL's sauce is better you KNOW you have a good thing!

I gotta say that I am green with envy....:mrgreen:
The nearest Penzey's store from Casa de Hoot is in Raleigh and I was there a couple of weeks ago but due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't have time to go spice adventuring. There is a store in Richmond, Va....maybe I will be able to go there soon.

Don't be too envious since it was a 60 mile drive one way. Then again when you live in the swamp you probably have to paddle 60 miles just to get to your car.;) If you like to cook and find different things it's well worth the field trip.

I gotta say that I am green with envy....:mrgreen:
The nearest Penzey's store from Casa de Hoot is in Raleigh and I was there a couple of weeks ago but due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't have time to go spice adventuring. There is a store in Richmond, Va....maybe I will be able to go there soon.

Thankfully, we only have Penzey's store access when we visit my brother or BIL. Otherwise, I'd need to build an addition on the house....

I tend to, umm, overdo it, and of course never bring a list of what we actually need.

I have a lazy susan in one cabinet, so they go round and round. And another cabinet with shelves that starts with "J" for jam them in....

I know I am. At least a little. (CDO) thanks for getting it right.

labelers and sticky notes are my friends...the movies, spices, music...all alphabetized and I know Shrek puts things away wrong so he can see if I notice.:ermm:

Are you CDO? :rolleyes:

Even my books are in alphabetical order by author and then title...:wacko:

Um, no, I'm not that bad...well I wasn't until...darn you! :ROFLMAO:

My books aren't alphabetical - don't give me any ideas. Actually, I volunteer at our town library. My books aren't exactly in Dewey Decimal order but they are by topics. At least I haven't put the call numbers on the spi.....hey, that's an idea! :LOL:

I will confess to arranging my tops by sleeve length (shorter to the left, longer to the right) and then arranging each sleeve group by color. I have my own special quirks.;)

Come to think of it, I bet a thread dedicated to personal quirks would be a blast!

I like their catalog just for the recipes.
I love their portobello tacos. :yum:

i'm hoping to be sent a penzey's catalogs along with my spice order from them that i placed online a few days ago. just to make sure though, i put in a separate request for a catalog today. only thing, there is a wait time of 6-8 weeks for the catalog, and i am a girl who is not long on patience,,,,:)

i'm hoping to be sent a penzey's catalogs along with my spice order from them that i placed online a few days ago. just to make sure though, i put in a separate request for a catalog today. only thing, there is a wait time of 6-8 weeks for the catalog, and i am a girl who is not long on patience,,,,:)

Come to think of it I never got a catalog with an order. They always come in the mail separately. We're probably all getting one in 6-8 weeks :)

labelers and sticky notes are my friends...the movies, spices, music...all alphabetized and I know Shrek puts things away wrong so he can see if I notice.:ermm:

When I was single and living on my own, I had things alphabetized, arranged by size etc..

When I met my partner and invited him over, he was almost freaked out a bit, he is a generally messy person, not at all organized at home (but at work he is).

I keep my possessions culled with regular trips to the thrift store to keep down clutter and keep stuff organized. He asked if I had a storage unit somewhere with the rest of my stuff, :LOL:

We've found a way to co-habitate, the kitchen is mine, the den is his, he can be messy, I can be neat and organized!

SO tries to help by emptying the DW for me. When she does, I spend extra time looking for where she put stuff because it's not where it's supposed to be.

This is me (except I'm not a woman):

Attachments

• 207818_457332477661921_261986176_n.jpg
    207818_457332477661921_261986176_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 287
SO tries to help by emptying the DW for me. When she does, I spend extra time looking for where she put stuff because it's not where it's supposed to be.

This is me (except I'm not a woman):

I'm the organized one, but my partner will reorganize the dishwasher for maximum capacity, :LOL: . It looks like there is too much in there, but by some miracle it all gets clean.

But when he empties it, stuff is put in all the wrong places. When my mom is visiting, the same thing, I can spend a month looking for stuff!

Back
Top Bottom