"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning
Old 11-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #11
Master Chef
SIL sent us down the street to our house with enough turkey and stuffing/dressing/fill for supper tonight. I emptied out two partial bags of French green beans into a pot (gotta keep tract of my inventory better...), and heated up the turkey with a jar of turkey gravy. That, plus two slices of pumpkin pie that were included in our care package, and we were happy and full.

SIL kept the carcass. She had better make stock!

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
I was looking over the Land of Lakes site. They have a recipe for leftover turkey pizza. In fact they have a lot of recipes for leftover turkey and other foods from Thanksgiving. But I liked the idea of the pizza. You can use flat bread for individual pizzas or regular dough for a large pizza. I didn't take the time to read the recipes but the pictures looked interesting. I would think you could use the cranberry sauce spread out for the sauce and then place your left over veggies, turkey, stuffing, gravy and other foods on top. Or even just use your gravy as the base sauce.

Looking for a family night in the kitchen? Let each family member make their own pizza with the flat bread. Take a look at the LOL site and see what they suggest.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #13
Head Chef
I'm making a leftover Shepherd's Pie with the leftovers I took from my friend's party.
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Got the smoked carcass in the pot along with roasted carrots, onions, celery and garlic cloves. Since we misplaced our leftovers, I will make GRAVY, some Stovetop stuffing and Idahoan mashed potatoes later.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #15
Master Chef
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Today I made Turkey Soup:

That's some beautiful soup! Are those home made noodles in there?

We didn't bring home any turkey and I'm feeling deprived. I planned ahead though, and I'll be cooking this little baby tomorrow.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Had enough leftovers to make myself a plate for my lunch at work yesterday. Perfect! Shrek has enough breast meat for a few sandwiches.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
Executive Chef
I have eaten turkey and the trimmings for every meal since Thurs.
I have the carcass in the fridge with plenty bones and some dark meat. (my sister took all the white meat when she left and we did not know until the next day when I wanted a sandwich). This has happened before and i always say I'm going to immediately put half the breast away for us. I forgot and we have no white meat left.
Tomorrow i will make stock. What I do with the stock is not decided.
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #18
Head Chef
Tonight I made a panini w/ pizza dough. Turkey,mayo,cranberry sauce & swiss cheese. Also a shrimp cocktail.

salt and pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef
We had leftover turkey dinner last night. Then I felt the need for red meat tonight. Back to leftovers tomorrow. I'll be making stock with the carcass and stock into turkey noodle soup for dinner.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #20
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
I ate Shrek's leftover portion, he really does not like leftovers, so I knew I would throw it away before he ever thought of eating it. He's having a turkey sandwich with half a can of cranberry sauce.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote

leftovers, thanksgiving