"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 21
Bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with...

Suggestions please!

I've made several bacon wrapped chicken breast recipes lately, mostly involving cheese and I'd like to do a new one each week with different recipes :)

Also, I tend to use toothpicks to keep it all together but if anyone has any other suggestions I would be most grateful.

__________________

__________________
goosander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #2
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 613
chicken armadillo eggs are all the rage around here these days.

Stuff a jalapeno pepper with Jack cheese, roll that inside a pounded chix breast, wrap that in bacon and skewer.

I tried to add a recipe, but most were fried. Here, they are cooked on a grill or under the oven broiler.

Eric, Austin Tx.
__________________

__________________
giggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 19,779
Try one wrapped with prosciutto with a sage leaf under it. Or wrapped with pepperoni and mozzarella.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
Head Chef
 
dragnlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,978
If you pound out the breast you should be able to stuff it, roll it and place it seam side down to hold. Especially if wrapping bacon around it.

If not using bacon...
Season it, flour it, egg it, roll in crumbs - place on a parchment papered cookie sheet - spray with cooking oil and bake.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dragnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Head Chef
 
Zagut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Friendship,MD.
Posts: 1,299
Never underestimate adding spinach to the stuffing.

I believe Popeye would agree with this.

Let your imagination and tastes lead the way goosander.

You know what tastes you need to feed and adjust what you add to the filling to satisfy those tastes.
__________________
Zagut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #6
Master Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Try one wrapped with prosciutto with a sage leaf under it. Or wrapped with pepperoni and mozzarella.
Sounds like a version of "Saltimbocca".

When I stuff a chicken breast or thick loin chop, I use a specific technique for cutting the "pocket", which doesn't require sealing the opening.

How to Stuff a Chicken Breast | How to Cook Chicken | No Recipe Required

I use a stuffing that has:

Herbed stuffing cubes (Arnold or Pepperidge Farms)

onions

celery

poultry seasoning

lots of butter (if you think you've used enough, add more!)

S&P

I use the same base stuffing for pork chops, with the addition of GS apples. Both the chicken and chops are finished with a sauce/gravy with mashies as a sided along with veges of choice.
__________________
If you're gonna make a Key Lime pie, you have to use real Key Limes!
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 6,066
My favorite stuffing for chicken breast is sauteed mushrooms and cream cheese.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 19,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Sounds like a version of "Saltimbocca".
Yes, that's what I had in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
When I stuff a chicken breast or thick loin chop, I use a specific technique for cutting the "pocket", which doesn't require sealing the opening.

How to Stuff a Chicken Breast | How to Cook Chicken | No Recipe Required

I use a stuffing that has:

Herbed stuffing cubes (Arnold or Pepperidge Farms)

onions

celery

poultry seasoning

lots of butter (if you think you've used enough, add more!)

S&P

I use the same base stuffing for pork chops, with the addition of GS apples. Both the chicken and chops are finished with a sauce/gravy with mashies as a sided along with veges of choice.
That sounds tasty, too!
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 9,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
My favorite stuffing for chicken breast is sauteed mushrooms and cream cheese.
I like Fontina when I stuff with mushrooms. I bet some of GG's prosciutto would be good in/around it, too.
__________________
"Eating ruins your appetite"~Mom

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 1,307
Bacon wrapped chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosander View Post
Suggestions please!

I've made several bacon wrapped chicken breast recipes lately, mostly involving cheese and I'd like to do a new one each week with different recipes :)

Also, I tend to use toothpicks to keep it all together but if anyone has any other suggestions I would be most grateful.
I flatten chicken breast, stuff with italian or US country ham and swiss, then wrap with filo dough and bake. Hollandaise sauce.

This would work well with good bacon. Micro a bit to reduce fat.
__________________

__________________
Bigjim68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bacon, chicken, chicken breast

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.