"Blue Apron" meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the link is WAY back in this thread (and who ever reads all the previous posts before replying anyway :LOL:)

Here is the link.

Blue Apron: Fresh Ingredients, Original Recipes, Delivered to You

I can see where this might be a good idea for people who work and don't have to live on a limited budget.
Oh, I see. For some reason the first link wouldn't work - my Packard-Bell machine is a pain! I thought CWS must be trialling recipes for a magazine or something.

Oh, I see. For some reason the first link wouldn't work - my Packard-Bell machine is a pain! I thought CWS must be trialling recipes for a magazine or something.
Oh, I wish! I am trialing them for a company that does this in our area so the photographer can take the pics needed. Having way too much fun doing so!

Since the link is WAY back in this thread (and who ever reads all the previous posts before replying anyway :LOL:)

Here is the link.

Blue Apron: Fresh Ingredients, Original Recipes, Delivered to You

I can see where this might be a good idea for people who work and don't have to live on a limited budget.
I do live on a limited budget (got kicked in the butt by an ex-business partner and am still struggling to catch up and pay off the debt with which I was saddled) so this is an opportunity to test-drive the recipes and edit the recipe cards is great for me--I get reimbursed for the ingredients (and paid to cook them--which covers my mortgage for the month). I certainly would not have spent close to $16 on shrimp or $8 on double-smoked bacon last week. That is almost my whole food budget for the week. It definitely is a fun way to make some extra money--a way I never dreamt of--I would love to do this for a magazine...maybe someday.

Did I see this company recently on the TV show "Shark Tank"? I was so excited I mentioned to my husband, that I think have a DC friend that tests recipes for them!

What a great concept.

Last edited:
I really like the looks of next week's meals from BA. It's hard to believe if a recipe calls for one carrot they ship you one carrot, but that's what they say so I'll believe it. I was almost ready to pull the trigger and give then a try when I saw that the servings are for two. I'll assume that means that the price per meal they advertise is actually doubled. That puts them out of my reach on a weekly/nightly basis.
You can still view the recipes on their site though. And that could be good for when I'm getting into a cooking rut.

I noticed the meals are all 500-700 calories and $10 each. That' $20 for enough food to satisfy me once.

Pac, I've seen your meals. One of these won't do the trick for you.

Yeah, that's sort of the impression I was getting reading through the recipes.
Of course if I could limit myself to one of these meals it might be better than Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig or one of them as a diet plan.

I don't know about BA, but the recipes I test make enough for three generous servings. The idea is more food is better--don't want to appear cheap. The spices are measured out and put in little restaurant cups. The chicken recipe I tested required 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast. If one considers 4 oz to be a serving, that would make 4 servings. The company also provides the "specialty" oils (but not eggs--assume people have eggs in the house).

You might want to visit BA FB page (if you have a facebook account). There seem to be some issues with quanity and quality control.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueApronMeals

Pac--you might check out Plated.com--it is out of NYC so would be close to you (thinking of delivery time). I didn't check out Plated's FB page. There is a 4 meal minimum order, but non-members the price is $12/plate. I am not a member, but thought I read members pay $3 less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom