Cook's Confessional - forgive me for I have...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen Krab in the canned food section, I think that's usually the real thing. I've found it in the service seafood section sold by the pound, and also pre-packaged in shrink wrap in the self serve seafood section next to the smoked salmon.

I agree with Z, it's sweeter, and the texture is a little different, but works in a seafood salad mixed with mayo, onions, and celery, etc.

I've never seen Krab in the canned food section, I think that's usually the real thing. I've found it in the service seafood section sold by the pound, and also pre-packaged in shrink wrap in the self serve seafood section next to the smoked salmon.

I agree with Z, it's sweeter, and the texture is a little different, but works in a seafood salad mixed with mayo, onions, and celery, etc.

Yes, I get the shrink-wrap version. It's made from fish, so it's a good source of protein. I used to make a casserole with it a long time ago - can't remember the recipe now. But try adding a bit of hot sauce to the seafood salad to counter the sweetness. Yum! :yum:

I remember when the fake krab first came on the market, in the 80's as I recall. I made up a casserole recipe with it and it was published in one of those club cookbooks. I said "you can use the new fake krab available now". I haven't made it in years but I remember it being just delicious. Hmmm, I'm going to have to dig out that little cookbook.

Back
Top Bottom