"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning

Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Cost Plus

Does anyone shop at Cost Plus? I love that place and always come out of there with arms full. I found a tin of smoked trout in canola oil it was awesome. I also found a bottle ov belinni for one same with prosecco spices from India and all types or nummies to bake or cook. Really pretty patio things, chairs, dishes, glasses, serving things table runners and place mats, I had a blast and now I'm just a tad lighter in the wallet.
kadesma

Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Is Cost Plus similar to Costco or Sam's Club?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Master Chef

I LOVE that store Kades!! Here it's called Cost Plus World Market. There are so many unusual items I could spend hours in that big store. It reminds me a lot of a similar store many many years ago called "Akron World Market". Do you happen to remember that?

http://www.worldmarket.com/category/...:kitchendining

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I shop there all the time. They have a much better selection of wines than Trader Joes, in all qualities and price ranges. It's also a great place to get small containers of cooking essentials that you can only find in large sizes in the supermarkets, like chili paste, bean paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce, etc. I needed sweet chili sauce once and the supermarket only had it in a 1 liter bottle. I found it at Cost Plus in a 6 ounce bottle. They also carry a good selection of tchotchkes to fill in the empty spaces on your shelving, shadow boxes, or fireplace mantel. Oh, and don't forget scented candles, incense, and reed diffusers and scented oils.

Oh hell, just think Pier One, with food and beverages.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

i like it too. haven't been in quite awhile. must do.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Master Chef

Speaking of wine, Sir Loin, have you tried ChocoVine (chocolate wine) from Holland sold at World Market? It's sounded really gaggy to me, but I sampled some my friend bought and couldn't wait to get over there again to get my own. It tastes like a White Russian to me...yumm yumm.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Is Cost Plus similar to Costco or Sam's Club?
Not really Andy it's a smaller type speciality store, wines, beers, all types or old tyme sodas whole bean and ground coffee, a bath area, some furniture. dishes both glass and plastic for the patio. An all out fun place to look and pick.
kades
Old 05-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I LOVE that store Kades!! Here it's called Cost Plus World Market. There are so many unusual items I could spend hours in that big store. It reminds me a lot of a similar store many many years ago called "Akron World Market". Do you happen to remember that?

Kitchen and Dining and Table Accessories | World Market
Don't remember that one but do remember the one in San Francisco It was across the street from the ocean and a big place almost blocks in area . I loved it you could spend all day looking
Kades
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Cost Plus here is one step above the $ store...they sell junk for more than a $.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Don't remember that one but do remember the one in San Francisco It was across the street from the ocean and a big place almost blocks in area . I loved it you could spend all day looking
Kades

i have been in that one. what a treasure trove it is. two days would not be enough to see it all. one year i bought all christmas gifts there when we went for a weekend,.