Dinner party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miezits

Assistant Cook
Hi!
Next week I will have a dinner party and I would like to have some advice for the menu.

Thema - italian
Menu:
  • carpaccio
  • tomato soup
  • raviolo with prawns
  • grilled salmon with veggies and oven baked potatoes
  • tiramisu
But I'd like to have a appetizer - amuse bouche but I can't think what can it be.
If you some suggestions for the menu I'd like to hear it.

Thank you

Hi, and welcome to DiscussCooking :)

I love crostini, but I'm not personally a big fan of tapenade. An alternative might be pesto topped with diced tomatoes, or goat cheese topped with marinated roasted red peppers. Or you could offer a variety. Another option would be an antipasto platter with Italian cured meats, cheeses, olives, fruit, etc.

Thanks for your answers. I thought also about crostini but I think it will be too much by 5 course dinner. Is it not better to have just 1 bite appetizer?

Some type of sorbet/granita with fruit? Maybe made with Limoncello and served in tiny shotglasses?

Welcome to DC!

Am I invited?

That makes a difference to any suggestions.

If I'm not invited then "Let them eat cake" ;)

Of course you are invites, Zagut :) But then you need to come to Holland. And before that say a recipe :)

Well thanks for the invite miezits. :clap:

"And before that say a recipe."

So I have to sing for my supper? :mad:

Fair enough. Nothing is free in this world. ;)

Since you asked for an appetizer how about this.

http://grilling24x7.com/oring.shtml

You can forgo the Mayo dipping sauce and use whatever hot sauce on the rings you like rather then the garlic rich Sriracha. ;)

It's the Bacon wrapped Onion Rings I'm suggesting. :yum:

Well since I need to come to Holland I'll have to decline your wonderful invitation. :(

That is unless airfare is included? :bounce:

What about serving the carpaccio as an "amuse bouche" in some way? You don't really want to spoil people's appetites for the main by giving them too much to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the party was over last June, maybe July.;)

Last edited:
Some type of sorbet/granita with fruit? Maybe made with Limoncello and served in tiny shotglasses?

Welcome to DC!
Doesn't the OP want something to serve with aperitifs/pre-dinner cocktails? The sorbet would be a bit difficult to manage with a glass in the other hand. It would be better as a palate-cleanser between the ravioli and the salmon

Selkie did not resurrect it. A spammer did. Selkie just got fooled by said spammer and was trying to respond to them.

Back
Top Bottom