Favorite Evening Snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selkie

Executive Chef
There are lots of things that I'll fix for a snack in the evening while I'm usually watching TV or reading, but I have one favorite that simply makes my mouth water in anticipation:

A sliced bite of Tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese topped with a pitted date. The combination of the flavorful and salty cheddar with the sweet, sticky and soft date is more than I can resist.

What's yours?

Wow, that sounds like a good snack! Mine is much more simple and is our go - to about four times a week. We have a popcorn maker that stirs the kernels with olive oil and then flips over and becomes a bowl. We just LOVE it!

My evening snack is dessert.

I don't eat dessert with dinner, I wait until about 9:00. Then it's whatever is on hand, from a handful of jelly beans (always available in case grandson drops by), some chocolates or a dessert SO or I have made.

Wow, that sounds like a good snack! Mine is much more simple and is our go - to about four times a week. We have a popcorn maker that stirs the kernels with olive oil and then flips over and becomes a bowl. We just LOVE it!

This is not like your popcorn maker, but I miss the hot-air poppers. You could melt the butter at the top. The popcorn always turned out so light and fluffy.

I have to say my favorite sinful late-night snacks are popcorn (sprinkled with parm cheese or a white cheddar seasoning mix they have in the store), cold pizza and tortilla chips topped with red pepper flakes and cheddar cheese and nuked.

Last edited:
My late-night snack is either chocolate or dessert, like Andy, or cheese with bread or crackers, fruit, or cereal.

Last edited:
This time of year we tend to have an ice cream cone as a snack at about 8:00 pm.

There are lots of things that I'll fix for a snack in the evening while I'm usually watching TV or reading, but I have one favorite that simply makes my mouth water in anticipation:

A sliced bite of Tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese topped with a pitted date. The combination of the flavorful and salty cheddar with the sweet, sticky and soft date is more than I can resist.

What's yours?

I will have to give this a try!

A whole new meaning to the term date night:LOL:

I use the Jimmy Carter snack of sharp cheddar cheese and good quality strawberry jam on a cracker.

We eat dinner at 4:30 most days because I lift weights with a team at 6:00 and the days I don't my daughter has Tae Kwon Do at 5:15.

After 4 hours of working out I love to make potstickers for my recharge meal. Not good for the waistline but really satisfying when you are spent.
I like sri hacha/vinegar/soy splashed on mine and pan fried untill just before black starts on the bottom.

My fav at home is a Welsh Rarebit.
Selkie mate I have just been allowed to eat 30 grms of cheese a day, your snack will be the first cheese I have eaten in 2 yrs.
Ps I love dates but the do have an unfortunate affect on me:ermm: what about you.

My fav at home is a Welsh Rarebit.
Selkie mate I have just been allowed to eat 30 grms of cheese a day, your snack will be the first cheese I have eaten in 2 yrs.
Ps I love dates but the do have an unfortunate affect on me:ermm: what about you.

As matter of coincidence, I made Welsh Rarebit for a late breakfast two mornings ago. (Creamy cheddar cheese sauce spooned over toasted French bread.) It's not low calorie, but I compensated later that day by having a very light lunch of only vegetables.

As to the laxative effect of the dates, no, no problems with that. Either it's offset by the binding effect of the cheese, or that I only eat 4-5 of them at one time.

I'm glad you're doing better and able to eat more of what you like. Food is one of the very few pleasures I have left after dealing with all of these infernal medical issues, so I try not to let dietary restrictions get in my way.

butterscotch caramel topping over ice cream and sprinkled sea salt flakes.
pretzel crisps smeared with nuttella, and those peanut butter m&ms.
1/2 sleeve of keebler's grasshopper fudge cookies (the ones that taste just like g.s. thin mints) w/cold low fat milk.

butterscotch caramel topping over ice cream and sprinkled sea salt flakes.
pretzel crisps smeared with nuttella, and those peanut butter m&ms.
1/2 sleeve of keebler's grasshopper fudge cookies (the ones that taste just like g.s. thin mints) w/cold low fat milk.

You evil woman! :LOL: You're making me hungry :(

I don't do evening snacks often these days but when I did it was often a tray of crackers with assorted meats and cheeses. but tonight I fully intend to have a tomatoe sandwich. white bread, mayo and lots of salt and pepper and the first home grown tomatoe of the season. Ohhh, I really need that treat today!

Another one of my favourite snacks is Cultured Buttermilk layered with Muscavado sugar. Then placed in the fridge until the sugar has melted into a liquid form. Heaven! I'm having some now :)

Back
Top Bottom