ISO savory breakfast ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Marriott on Lun Gyland had a breakfast menu item that I loved called Lox, Stock, and Bagel. It was a bagel with a cream cheese schmear, a slice of lox, a slice of beefsteak tomato, a slice of Bermuda onion, and sprinkled with capers.

The Marriott on Lun Gyland had a breakfast menu item that I loved called Lox, Stock, and Bagel. It was a bagel with a cream cheese schmear, a slice of lox, a slice of beefsteak tomato, a slice of Bermuda onion, and sprinkled with capers.

Thanks to the Sous Chef, that exact breakfast has always been served here every single Sunday morning, although my custom "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning is sprinkled on the top. Very delicious.http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f132/everything-bagel-seasoning-101491.html

Obviously, this breakfast can't be made ahead of time.

GG, when you say he won't eat "recognizable eggs" my first thought is quiche. Would that work? You could make a variety of breakfast size and freeze them.

Last edited:
I mentioned samosas, but maybe Jamaican patties would work better. A friend of mine is a chef. She recently posted pix on FB of a savoury breakfast pastry with beet greens, feta, pine nuts, and an egg baked into the top sprinkled with Maldon salt. That might work, but I don't think those would be do ahead with the egg.

Back
Top Bottom