"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning

Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Popcorn dipped in peanut butter, or. Cheese slices, or glass of milk, ice cream, one square of 70% cacao chocolate with a dollop of orange marmalade ...

Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

A bowl of ice cream, peanut butter and crackers, bowl of cereal, a can of black olives, a small bag of potato chips, pop corn, graham crackers and butter, or anything that doesn't have to be cooked. I usually start to eat, then never finish what I have. I find that I eat when I am looking for something to do. And I always have a cup of coffee in my hand. Make about three or four pots a day.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And I always have a cup of coffee in my hand. Make about three or four pots a day.
Ditto! I jokingly tell people that I'd hook up to an IV machine of coffee if I could. My coffee pot goes at all times of the day.

For late night snacking, my favourite is a couple pieces of toast with some cheese melted on top. I try not to snack too close to bed though, because I find I wake up hungrier in the morning if I do.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
Head Chef

Seriously, no. Who eats in the middle of the night? Or late? Why?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Master Chef

you get home late, you are hungry, G-d knows there could be million reasons. I try not to eat late. But becasue of my crazy scedule sometimes i do not get to eat at the normal time, so I eat late when I get home around 9 PM or so. By the way i don't know how people can eat that late on a regular bases. And I know that I should eat, becasue i try not to, I end up not sleeping and getting up in the middleo f the night and looking for something to eat, and then for sure it is not healthy. My fasavorite snack if I am really hungry at night a sandwich with cold cuts and a pickle or a pickled tomato on a side.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
Executive Chef

good grief. my refrigerator light bulp burnt out years ago. I suppose I should replace it. I keep a flash light handy.

Next to the telephone. Then I Dial Pizza Delivery.

Simple.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #27
Head Chef

I know some people still mistakenly believe that food eaten late at night is bad for you, but it's totally untrue. Your body doesn't treat a calorie consumed at 5 pm any differently than it does one eaten at 11 pm or 4 am! Your metabolism rate isn't magically given a "boost" by not eating after a specific time of the day either. =)

I'm a fan PB toast for my late night snack. <3

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
Assistant Cook

I prefer croissants, carrot cake, steam buns, pan fried roti paratha with eggs (eastern style pancake), creamy soup, toasted garlic bread, dim sum mini snacks
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #29
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Seriously, no. Who eats in the middle of the night? Or late? Why?
People who work the night shift. I worked nights 4 days a week for 11 years...changing to a day shift was a HUGE task, mostly because of my eating schedule. My breakfast was @ 5:30 PM, lunch @ 11 PM, dinner @ 3 AM. It did not vary by much on my days off.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #30
Head Chef

Oh yes I get that bit. People who work nights/shifts etc. That makes sense.

I mean for any other reason like just staying up late or waking up in the middle of the night.

Tags
meals