Late night meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
What's your best go-to late night snack/meals? For me it's shin ramen cooked in chicken stock, bok choy, fish cakes, and egg.

Depends in part on why I'm up late. I'll cook ramen, too, but I guess my go-to is a bowl of cereal despite its reminder that, according to the clock too, it's morning already, you dolt!

Cereal, crackers and cheese, popcorn, English muffins with butter and optional jam, whole wheat bread and butter...

If I am up because I woke up, and am a little peckish, I like a vanilla creme wafer cookie.

If I am up late because of work, beer and a burger.

If I am up late because of adult activities, we normally go for Pollo a la Brassa, Falafel Pitas, Korean BBQ, Good ole American Comfort food(Diner 29 preferably, Dennys or Ihop in a pinch), Bhan Mi, Or Crispy Roast Pork Belly with White rice, and Boiled dumpling at Mui Kee. I love the variety of 24/7, or very late night places here.

Just before bedtime a couple slices of toast with butter, cinnamon & sugar; or garlic butter; or cheese melted on top. I get to sleep quicker and stay asleep longer.

My life doesn't include late night eating anymore. The closest I get now is a dessert following dinner around 9:00 - 9:30 at night.

Back in the old days, anything hot, greasy and salty was at the top of the list.

Milk and Graham Crackers, Milk and a granola bar...something will milk

i often go for hot dogs for a late night snack. chinese or italian leftovers are a close second. although, my late nights are everyone else's mornings.

tatt, i wish you lived in nyc. we'd paint the town red at 4am. all night korean bbq? i'm there.

Late for work, late for out at wkend & for home dvd ?

Good question ...

During the week, we try to not to stay up past 11pm ( 23.00 hrs. ) as both of us are up quite early ( The Vet at 5.30am and I at 6.30am ). When in Madrid, we eat fairly light 21.00 hrs., consisting of 1 or 2 shared Tapas and 2 wines each ... ( we like cod fish with tomato or grilled prawns with a sprinkle of garlic and red chili pepper or a mini cheese platter with Iberian acorn fed ham ... ) or canapés with tuna salad or tuna with red roasted peps, 2 deviled eggs or ham.

At the wkends, we enjoy going out for dinner between 21.30 - 22.00 hrs.
Normally, we select a foreign pick or Galician ( northwest Spain ) seafood venue ... Fish and / or shellfish ... Light ... and wine from Galicia.

When we go for Mexican or Indian, we prefer these cuisines for lunch and / or at 21.00 hrs. with a good walk afterwards. Japanese, we are Sashimi fans, and do prefer for lunch however, if downtown downtown for a film or shopping and theatre, we shall have a mini boat of sashimi as well.

Interesting post.
Margaux.

tatt, i wish you lived in nyc. we'd paint the town red at 4am. all night korean bbq? i'm there.

Oh good lord, yes!

I could go for some Grays Papya, or Dollar slices from this place that just had a sign that said Cafe. . . up by the old apartment, 73rdW & Columbus.

Any of the Indian places, if they were open early/late would be great too, Panna II was my fave! Gaudy decor, gruff servers, and awesome cheap Indian. . .down on 1st Ave and E6th, iirc.

I am sure Sarges is till around, pretty good in the wee hours.

I don't eat late at night, either. I used to be able to, but n ow it just sits in my stomach, I gain weight, and I can't get to sleep.

Oh good lord, yes!

I could go for some Grays Papya, or Dollar slices from this place that just had a sign that said Cafe. . . up by the old apartment, 73rdW & Columbus.

Any of the Indian places, if they were open early/late would be great too, Panna II was my fave! Gaudy decor, gruff servers, and awesome cheap Indian. . .down on 1st Ave and E6th, iirc.

I am sure Sarges is till around, pretty good in the wee hours.

i used to gave an apt. on w72nd between columbus and b'way. i still hit up gray's papaya every no and then.

i'll have to look for the other places you mentioned. i'm going to empire szchechuan on 78th and columbus for late night sushi tonight.

no matter what (sometimes menial) job has you up in the wee hours, when you finally strike out to find that 2:00am food hookup it's going to be a fast, furious and deliriously satisfying meal. it can even be fast food, like spicy hot chicken gizzards with pencil thin potato spears, or a hot noodle bowl full of wonderful anonymous morsels and yum bits of things that bring sparks to your eyes and light a fire in your throat as you slurp. or a chili dog that is so unbelievably spectacular in the moment....but don't look for any of this magical food on luncheon menus in the light of day. it exists only in the jet streams of our graveyard prowlings....

Easy. Grab some pasta boil water add salt cook al dente put in a bowl with 2 tsp of butter pepper and lots parmiggiano. Kind of an eggless pancetta less carbonara. Spaghetti in bianco

Back
Top Bottom