Menu Planning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! Oh! Oh! I have a Brother Label Maker, I could do an inventory on a board and use the labels for things I always have on hand and just scribble in how much I have. It would be neat and easy to read. I could hang it on the inside of the pantry door.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I have a Brother Label Maker, I could do an inventory on a board and use the labels for things I always have on hand and just scribble in how much I have. It would be neat and easy to read. I could hang it on the inside of the pantry door.
I label my cupboards so I know where the stuff is...when I run out, I either refill my stash or peel off the label...btw, I made Valentine's Day dinner without having to go to the store for anything. The DH brought the tomatoes and fresh blackberries, which I worked into the menu, but didn't really need. I emailed him a choice of 4 shrimp dishes for which I had all the ingredients in the house/freezer/pantry/fridge. He picked the Indian Spiced Shrimp. I haven't stepped foot in the grocery store for over 2 weeks. I picked the recipe for the dessert based on what I had on hand for the frosting.

Last edited:
Inventories: We had a huge chest freezer and grew most of our own meat and veggies a long while back. Of course chest freezers are the worst for ever finding things again. This might be amended to work in a small house freezer.

So I made a board labeled with names of items and with the heads of nails sticking out. Then I had small washers (for one item) and larger washers connotating a group of five (like five separate pounds of hamburger.)

Put one package of pork chops in---- put one small washer on that nail.
Put 5 packages of pork chops in---- put one large washer on.

Oh--- and you also have to remember to remove the washers. Which may not work if some DH's or DT's (Dear Teenager) forget to do either one.

O.k.,---- so fuhgeddaboudit. :LOL::LOL:

Does anyone have anny suggesstions about what kind of coffee to serve after a meal? I am hosting a dinner party and decided to do a four course meal consisting of paprika bruschetta starters, coconut, tomato and red pepper soup, some kind of chicken in a creamy sauce and a lemony tart for afters.

Some of my guests are real coffee enthusiasts and I want to be able to offer a really nice blend for after the meal. I know nothing about coffee and don't know if certain blends go with certains meals in the same way wine does. There is a Lavazza store near me, which offers the following choices - Coffee blends: espresso blends for coffee at home - Lavazza but I don't know which oens to go for. Any help would be much appreciated!

I would go for a nice dark roast for after dinner. The darker roasts have all the flavor without too much caffiene.

Some of my guests are real coffee enthusiasts and I want to be able to offer a really nice blend for after the meal.]

My suggestion is to remember to also have a decaf coffee to offer those who won't drink caffeine in the P.M.

oooh, good ideas. I hadn't even thought about decaf (this is exactly why I need help when it comes to coffee). I have had a few calls for dark roast as they seem teh most flavoursome, so I will go for that!

Thanks for teh advice guys. Really much appreciated! :chef:

If someone served me a very dark roast of coffee, I would be very disappointed. It tastes burnt. I wouldn't say anything unless asked, but I wouldn't want a second cup.

BTW, we really like the Lavazza coffees. There isn't a huge difference between the more expensive Oro and the Rossa. Haven't tried the "Espresso" 'cause I think it's dark, but the other three are all nice.

Since there is a Lavazza store, maybe they sell freshly ground coffee beans. If so, you could get smaller quantities of the various kinds. I wouldn't bother with both Rossa and Oro, just one or the other. I am assuming that you have an espresso machine and will be making individual servings of coffee.

...Since there is a Lavazza store, maybe they sell freshly ground coffee beans.....
Better yet JoFleischer, since it's a Lavazza store they might be able to provide samples of brewed coffee for you to try right there. IF you are a coffee drinker yourself, that is. If not, take a coffee geek friend if they're available.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom