"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning

Old 10-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Kathleen, those words make me cringe too! I have a menu planner that I cobbled together after reading several cookbooks that claimed to be "the best organizer you've ever had!" None of them really did it for me. I have a paper template, but darned if I can find the one I created on the computer anywhere. I'd post it for you and you could see if it works out.

The basic premise was that there were seven days to fill, each family member had to pick two entrees and fill them in. You had to make sure you didn't have chicken two days in a row, or ground beef etc. First come, first pick! When they'd each filled in their 2 picks, it left me with just one spot to fill! They were happy because they could look forward to their days, and I was happy because I didn't have to decide on the meal every day!
I'll bet it also made for less picky kids! It's a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sadly our farmers market around here have become ridiculously expensive and now they're gone until next year.

Our menu planning is a combination of recalling meals we haven't had in a while, strolling through the recipes on my computer, buying what's on sale, reading Discuss Cooking and desperation searches through the fridge and freezer.
Sometimes, I go straight to the Sunday flyer for the local market and plan from there....when I actually do it. It's back to the good intentions thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Yes, it is a really good way to do it Chopper

It is good to go to the supermarket and know what it is you want...although for me, more always goes in the trolley
Plus you find such great deals with that trolley! My cabinet is full of them!

Tags
menu