Packed lunch ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he likes just about everything, the only thing I know he will not eat is tomatoes lol.

So he has taste. :whistling

I agree about fixing just a couple of sammies and then packing the fixings for the rest. The quality would be much better. Fried chicken is a great idea too.

Invest is some good tuperware containers to put things in and it's easy to place the contents on the bread of choice. They'll also be good for things like potato salad and other side dish's.

We had a poster here who had a 12V. cooker. He posted some recipes and was looking for others. I can't remember his name but try searching for the posts.

A small investment in one could be worth it because then simple canned meals and leftovers could be heated while driving from place to place and the menu is expanded.

Amazon.com: Road Pro 12 Volt Portable Cooking Lunch Box Stove Cooker: Everything Else

They also make 12v. coolers and then having to deal with ice is eliminated.

No need to suffer chow wise just because you're on the road. ;)

I'm curious as to what the plans are for dinner and breakfast.
Is he also having to get them on the road? If so the investment in a cooker could really pay for itself over restaurants. Not to mention eating a bit healthier and tastier. :chef:

Best of luck to ya both. :bounce:

I did end up packing him a couple sandwiches but we didn't have time to go get bread and everything for him to make his own throughout the week. And some good Tupperware is definaltey something we need haha.. I'm really thinking about getting one of those cookers, seems like it'd be a big help, I may be ordering one in the next couple days and see how he likes it. For breakfast, he got himself a big box of pop tarts and individual bottles of chocolate milk, nothing too fancy something he could pretty much eat while he's driving off. For dinner.. I packed as much as I could, made a couple steaks and cut them up, chicken, chips and crackers.. A few other things. And thank you :)

We had a poster here who had a 12V. cooker. He posted some recipes and was looking for others. I can't remember his name but try searching for the posts.

A small investment in one could be worth it because then simple canned meals and leftovers could be heated while driving from place to place and the menu is expanded.

Amazon.com: Road Pro 12 Volt Portable Cooking Lunch Box Stove Cooker: Everything Else

They also make 12v. coolers and then having to deal with ice is eliminated.

Zagut, the poster you spoke of has a youtube site about on the road cooking. It might be useful for both of you Isabella, should you decide to purchase that cooker.
Matt Fumich - YouTube

Here's lots of information from him...
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/cooking-at-300-a-85781.html

Last edited:
When my husband was in the field he hated the MREs so I would make homemade granola bars, rice crispie treats, and things like that that have high calories. Now when he's gone for long stints he's usually super busy and doesn't have time to eat a meal nor will things like sandwiches keep, so I like the granola meal in a bar type thing. Just an idea I don't know what your boyfriend's days look like... Good luck :)

That's a good idea, and I know he really likes rice crispie treats haha. He doesn't have too much time to pull over and eat until he's done for the day and going to sleep so he can't really eat big meals, I think the granola bar idea would work great.

How about some sweet or savoury muffins? You can get lots of protein and fibre into a muffin- you could pack them frozen so they last a little longer.

Also, oatmeal cookies are filling and last well.

Back
Top Bottom