Superbowl 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i do too, gg. she has a phenomenal voice. i sure hope they don't start ragging on jennifer, tomorrow. we Know that byonce won't be doing any lip syncing at half-time!:)

Thanks Vit.

I like Alicia Keys, too, but since when is our National Anthem a lullaby?
I did not like that rendition at all. That extra measure or whatever that pause was called darn near lulled me to sleep.

i do too, gg. she has a phenomenal voice. i sure hope they don't start ragging on jennifer, tomorrow. we Know that byonce won't be doing any lip syncing at half-time!:)

I thought it would have been justice if Beyoncé had showed up as a Hologram...nobody can sing in the cold like was happening the day of the inauguration, pulling in that cold air will freeze your vocal cords.

Last edited:
Okay, the Kia Forte commercial had me on the floor and I must have got some wing sauce in my eye by the time the Budweiser commercial came on...

My gumbo and lil Po'Boys turned out nicely. I served it with some potato salad and had banana trifle for dessert.

My favorite commercials were the prom, the speed stick commercial, and the Viva Young Taco Bell. :) I loved the Sandy Hook kids singing at the start of the show.

I enjoyed the game, but really thought the 49ers were going to make a come-back!

Attachments

• 2013-02-03 17.47.35.jpg
    2013-02-03 17.47.35.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
kathleen and pac, looking good! :yum:

i like alicia keys, but i agree that it was a somewhat odd rendition of the national anthem, beautiful voice notwithstanding. imo, any other song is ok for interpretation, but not the star spangled banana. just sing it, and if you really must, hit the octave note at the end. nothing else.

now the game was really good, but halftime was "meh", nothing to write home about. just "beyonce's greatest hits".

the commercials were far too heavy on kissing and sex. the go-daddy one was actually kind of disturbing. even my son commented that too many of the commercials were about kissing, and football is supposed to be a tough sport.

it wasn't all that fun to sit there and have to explain most of it to an 8 year old.

still, our favourite commercials were the sketchers/cheetah one, and the where do babies come from. now i won't have to answer that question for a few more years. :D

My favorite commercial was about farmers, with the late great voice of Paul Harvey for Dodge Ram trucks I believe. It nearly brought me to tears......a commercial at it's finest.......BRAVO!

Last edited:
i liked that one too, k-l. sort of a farmer's prayer.

i can see that embroidered and framed in a farmer's kitchen somewhere.

and on the eighth day, god looked down on his planned paradise and said, “i need a caretaker.” so god made a farmer.

god said, “i need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the field, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.” so god made a farmer.

god said, “i need somebody willing to sit up all night with a newborn colt and watch it die, then dry his eyes and say, maybe next year. i need somebody who can shape an ax handle from an persimmon sprout, shoe a horse with hunk of car tire, who can make a harness out hay wire, feed sacks and shoe scraps. who, during planting time and harvest season will finish his 40 hour week by tuesday noon and then, paining from tractor back, put in another 72 hours.” so god made a farmer.

god said, “i need somebody strong enough to clear trees and heave bales, yet gentle enough to yean lambs and wean pigs and tend the pink comb pullets, who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the leg of a meadowlark.” so god made a farmer.

it had to be somebody who’d plow deep and straight and not cut corners. somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed, and brake, and disk, and plow, and plant, and tie the fleece and strain the milk. somebody who’d bale a family together with the soft, strong bonds of sharing. who would laugh, and then sigh, and then reply with smiling eyes when his son says that he wants to spend his life doing what dad does. so god made a farmer.

i was happy as can be to see the ravens win the superbowl, until...ray lewis started going on about how god was on their side and all. that sort of talk makes me sick. i had even been thinking that a superbowl win for the ravens was a sweet way for ray to go out...a well-deserved feather in his skullcap, a neat closure for his 17 year long football career, a great send-off, etc.,etc...
while we might never know for sure which of the harbaugh brothers their mother always loved the best, i guess there can be no doubt now which one is god's favorite....

oh, i forgot to add that we thought the most clever commercial was the joe montana miracle stain, and the twist by the guy's raven's fan wife at the end.

That was a great one Steve! I laughed out loud too! I did really like the one about farmers best though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom