"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #61
Executive Chef

where's the laissez faire in that?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

is there suposed to he a hands off policy in effect? i haven't noticed it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
we have two threads going on superbowl eats, you know. and i see there's going to be a puppy bowl again this year. is the puppy bowl meant for that hardcore group of fb haters out there, and do you suppose i need to buy some puppy chow, too....
I thought this thread was about what we all were having and the other thread was someone looking for suggestions "out of the box" for what they could fix. I could be wrong.
Come tomorrow we will have two more anyway with the dinner thread and the tailgating thread
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #64
Master Chef

While we don't party for Super Bowl Sunday, my son and I will probably watch the game. No big or special foods here. Just our usual fare. Since I'm dieting for the wedding, no snacks and just regular meals. I might break down and have a beer during the game but that will be it.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
Executive Chef

I made ghiradelli brownies last night ( for the Niner's). Just plain regular ones, none of that funny california/ alice be toklas stuff. ( drat). For the Ravens, I hope someone brings a crab dip or something, otherwise my wings will easily convert to Raven Wings, won't skip a beat nor change a thing.

In case you want to know who I am rooting for, for a hint, look over at Mr Natural towards your left.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #66
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I made ghiradelli brownies last night ( for the Niner's). Just plain regular ones, none of that funny california/ alice be toklas stuff. ( drat). For the Ravens, I hope someone brings a crab dip or something, otherwise my wings will easily convert to Raven Wings, won't skip a beat nor change a thing.

In case you want to know who I am rooting for, for a hint, look over at Mr Natural towards your left.

first off, whiskas, forgive my ignorance, please. what is the brownies/sanfran 49ers connection? secondly, i'm afraid i don't recognize your avatar, don't know mr. natural. but, i will hazard a guess and say your team is the 49ers because of the gold color....?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #67
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I think I've settled on making Chicken-Sausage gumbo and mini-Po'Boys for Superbowl Sunday. Banana Pudding for dessert.

It just sounds right.
gumbo sounds superbowl 'right' to me too, kathleen. i've been watching people on tv preparing and eating gumbo, and i can barely stand it--i WANT me summm!!! nobody throws a party to compare with the big easy. they have the food, the music and the heart! i wish the superbowl could be played at the dome every year. good luck with your gumbo and li'l po'boys, kathleen! (and, send me summ, please?)
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #68
Executive Chef

We are going to munch on some nachos for the game. So many different things to throw on those corn chips!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #69
Executive Chef

Ghiradelli chocolate is from San Francisco, like Hershey's choc in Pa. Ghiradelli Square is an historic now tourist area along fisherman's wharf area. Grocery stores sell a brownie mix that is better than betty crocker. Pretty easy to make. Hard to not do a taste test.

We lived in SF for two years in the early 70's.

My avatar is by 1960's SF undergrond comic artist, Robert Crumb. He wrote ahem, adult comic books; subjects mostly were ( pardon again, ahem) sex drugs rock and roll and hippie individuality as expressed by alternative lifestyle conformity ofthe time. Mr Natural as a comic character was most often nekkid. His long beard made him seem quite chaste. Well, mostly. This might be close to Mr Natural's last hurrah. Looking for a new avatar for 2013. I watched an R Crumb biography recently. He is unfortunately way more misogynist that I find intolerable. I do like he is an avid collector of 1920's -30's jazz. That part is very much my style.

So that's it in a nut shell.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #70
Executive Chef

"nobody throws a party to compare with the big easy."

I just read this a.m. that NOLA is the fastest growing city in the U.S. It's about time that city gets back on its feet.