First time cooking Thanksgiving EVER. We alway go out. But here it is.
· Baked Brie - Mixed crackers
· Crostini with herbed cream cheese spread
· Turkey Breast - Brine - seasoning pending
· Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
· Mashed Potato & Cauliflower Gratin (pending may change to garlic mashed potatoes)
· Quinoa with Garlic, Pine Nuts and Raisins
· Stuffing - Cornbread, sausage and pecan dressing
· Pecan Pie
· Pumpkin Pie (might do 1/2 pumpkin and the other may have haupia pudding on top of the pumpkin pie)
w/ Bourbon whipped cream
Recipe for Coconut pudding. Either for topping of pumpkin pie or by itself for pudding squares.
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup whole milk
6 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 tsp vanilla (if desired)
pinch of salt (optional)
Cook coconut milk over medium heat in saucepan until hot. In a separate bowl, combine milk, sugar, corn starch, and salt and mix until thoroughly mixed. Combine into coconut milk on the stove and whisk until it thickens, to avoid lumps and burning, into a thick, yogurt-like consistency. Pour on cooked pumpkin pie and refrigerate until firm. I do not add shredded coconut meat because I like the pudding smooth.
I will probably not use it all, just a nice thin layer and put the rest in a small square pan and refrigerate and cut into small individual squares as a separate dessert.
Was this TMI?