What are the 5 foods that you could simply not live without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I know this is a tuffy, who would want to choose right? But if you had to, which 5 foods are you not willing to part with?

Here goes my list
1. Bread, the crusty kind. Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread!
2. Cheese, couldn't imagine never having gooey melted cheese again.
3. Chillies, love the heat too much to give up.
4. Tomatoes, if you have tomatoes you can cook something. They make almost anything a meal.
5. Bacon, love the smell, the crispy delicious taste..yum!

I just realised that I've listed most of the ingredients for breakfast..lol! Just missing some eggs :p I just love breakfast, could have it for every meal!

Bacon
eggs
hamburger
chicken
seafood
cheese
bread

In order of current availability. Seafood is a treat I give myself often, but not every week.

Living alone has a few advantages like a $5 bag of frozen, tail-on shrimp that can make 1, 2, or even 3 really nice meals.

So, in order of want the most, I would live on shellfish and fish alone.

Bacon
eggs
hamburger
chicken
seafood
cheese
bread

In order of current availability. Seafood is a treat I give myself often, but not every week.

Living alone has a few advantages like a $5 bag of frozen, tail-on shrimp that can make 1, 2, or even 3 really nice meals.

So, in order of want the most, I would live on shellfish and fish alone.

That's 7 not 5..lol! I told ya this was a tuffy! Love my seafood too, prawns are no 1 on my list of seafood. Grilled with a bit of garlic and lemon butter, Yummy!

Though I love milk, and it's my favorite beverage, If I had to live without it, I could. So, I would choose:
1. Whole wheat flour
2. eggs
3. green, leafy veggies
4. blueberries
5. pork

That's from a survival standpoint

From a want standpoint:
1: 5 year aged Balderson Cheddar, or Dorsett Drum Cheddar
2. Pepperoni
3. semi-sweet chocolate
4. milk, cold and whole, straight from the cow and into the fridge
5. Granola, home-made

And 5 is too little, because tomato has to be in both lists as well, as does honey, and brook trout, and beans, and cornish hens, and green beans, and, and, and...:ROFLMAO::D:D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
That's 7 not 5..lol! I told ya this was a tuffy! Love my seafood too, prawns are no 1 on my list of seafood. Grilled with a bit of garlic and lemon butter, Yummy!

Let's try this:

meat
seafood
eggs
bread
cheese

OTF! Too true, picking 5 is tough! How about we all team up and share..lol!
If it's need we're talking about I'll have to choose the following..

1. A cow, milk it first then make cheese and eat the cow after.

2. A chicken, eat the eggs and then the chicken

3. Tomatoes, eat the tomatoes and plant the seeds to get more

4. Lemon, to flavour the meat and prevent scurvy :P

5. Corn = corn meal, corn on the cob, tortillas etc.

Damn 5 is too little, I need chocolate, vodka, coffeeeeeeee, pumpkin all kinds, sweet potatoes, amarula, yum!!!!!!!! And I can't make cereal darnit I need rice crispies too and and and as you said!

Your a hoot Goodweed!

Five foods I would not want to give up would be
chicken wings
potatoes
cheese
steak
garlic bread

I could probably replace steak with seafood, but steak leaves me satisfied and seafood leaves me wanting more. Thus the nod to steak.

Chocolate and Coffee...they are nutritional supplements, Vitamins C...not food.:LOL:

1. Eggs
2. Butter
3. Tomatoes
4. Chicken
5. Mushrooms

Unfortunately, I'd be missing Spinach, Beans, Fish, Bread, Cheese, Rice, Potatoes...

Chocolate and Coffee...they are nutritional supplements, Vitamins C...not food.:LOL:

1. Eggs
2. Butter
3. Tomatoes
4. Chicken
5. Mushrooms

Unfortunately, I'd be missing Spinach, Beans, Fish, Bread, Cheese, Rice, Potatoes...

LMAO! Love the chocolate, coffee comment! I'll just add Cape Velvet (like Baileys) to the vitamin 'C' Hehe

Such healthy choices LP. You go girl! I just couldn't pick 5 healthy choices, just imagine your last supper... wouldn't want to be munching on a stick of cellery then...lol!

As much as I like eggs, I could go on without ever eating another one.
Butter though... I was wondering when someone was going to say butter. I didn't say butter because I consider it an ingredient. Not something that is really eaten on its own... unless you happen to drop a small piece on the counter :angel:

Back
Top Bottom