What do you cook when you feel washed out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
There are times when we all feel too tired to cook. My staple quick meal standby is 'hay and straw' tagliatelle with butter, parmesan, black pepper and sage. It's quick and easy, and my OH loves it. What are your fall-backs? I'd love to know!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Definitely take-out, usually fast food take-out. Panda Express would be on my list, along with a burger and fries from McDonalds, Carl's Jr/Hardees, and Wendy's. I don't like Burger King's burgers, but their hot dogs are to die for.

Of course, my all-time favorite is an In-N-Out double double and an order of fries, but I always have to eat it there because In-N-Out is too far from my house to get the food home while it's still hot.

Last edited:
Leftovers, or generally scrounge for yourself. Often the SC will make a sandwich for himself.

Di, if I'm too tired to cook, I just don't prepare anything. Your meal sounds delicious.
There are times when we all feel too tired to cook. My staple quick meal standby is 'hay and straw' tagliatelle with butter, parmesan, black pepper and sage. It's quick and easy, and my OH loves it. What are your fall-backs? I'd love to know!

Either a frozen meal from the freezer such as chili, soup, etc. or Chinese take-out (most often) or pizza.

Chicken fried rice from the students cookbook or oven pancake with smoked bacon.

Yeah baked beans on toast is my husband and daughters go to food when they dont want to cook.

If I'm "too tired to cook", I don't cook, di! No real stand-by meal for this girl. Unless you call opening a can of Progresso soup "cooking". ;)

If I go on strike in the kitchen, I'll send Himself out for Chinese or to the local pizza joint for a calzone. That's if we don't have sufficient leftovers in the fridge. Most nights I think the leftovers get together and make more leftovers...

If I'm "too tired to cook", I don't cook, di! No real stand-by meal for this girl. Unless you call opening a can of Progresso soup "cooking". ;)

If I go on strike in the kitchen, I'll send Himself out for Chinese or to the local pizza joint for a calzone. That's if we don't have sufficient leftovers in the fridge. Most nights I think the leftovers get together and make more leftovers...
Same here. If I'm too tired to cook, I don't. Usually it's takeout pizza. If we have a frozen meal, like PF Chang's or Bertolli, DH will cook that up.

+2 to what Beth and Uncle Bob said. :D My fave go to for "those evenings" are eggs of some kind. Doesn't take too much energy to fry up an egg for a sandwich or scramble a couple.

If I'm too tired to cook, it's a lead cinch bet I'll be too tired to do any dishes, too. So yeah, takeout. I keep those coupons from Burger King and all the other hamburger places for just such an emergency. That way when I do get takeout, I'm not spending every cent I have.

Too tired to cook last night I craved a cheap Aunt Jemima microwaveable scramble eggs, 2 strips of bacon and hash brown patty. I didn't have any so today I looked for them at 2 major grocery stores and they didn't have ANY Aunt Jemima products on the shelves! It must be due to that recent recall of some Aunt Jemima products.

download1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom