"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #31
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thanks, Craig. Sounds good. I make a Cuban pork roast too but never thought to use the marinade for ribs.
You've got to try it with ribs. You won't be disappointed.

Craig
__________________

__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #32
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Correction to our meal. It is just TOO hot to stand over a hot stove (our A/C doesn't cool it enough when it is this hot), so we are going to drive in our nice cool car and get drive-through. Probably KFC.
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
The tiny shrimp added a nice touch to an old standby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chimichito1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	11202
Click image for larger version

Name:	chimichito2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	11203

And the balsamic whipped cream was fabulous with the strawberries
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,370
I must lead a sheltered existence. Never heard of a chimichito. So when I saw the picture of your dinner, I checked out a recipe or two. Sounds tasty and easy.

How do you make yours??
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I must lead a sheltered existence. Never heard of a chimichito. So when I saw the picture of your dinner, I checked out a recipe or two. Sounds tasty and easy.

How do you make yours??
You DO lead a sheltered life. I've posted the link here about three times... everytime I mention making them someone asks what they are

I follow this recipe pretty closely, except tonight I added the shrimp. Fast and easy. I first saw Sam the Cooking Guy make them on his cooking show. It used to be on FitTV. I make a few of his recipes in regular rotation. His Mediterranean wraps are pretty good, too. And something you might like. I use snapper instead if chicken. Very refreshing.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
...and of course, Khocolate Kice Kream
Kexactly


Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty1
No Khocolate Ice Cream?
Kes!!
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You DO lead a sheltered life. I've posted the link here about three times... everytime I mention making them someone asks what they are

I follow this recipe pretty closely, except tonight I added the shrimp. Fast and easy. I first saw Sam the Cooking Guy make them on his cooking show. It used to be on FitTV. I make a few of his recipes in regular rotation. His Mediterranean wraps are pretty good, too. And something you might like. I use snapper instead if chicken. Very refreshing.
I guess so. I've never eaten anything from the "chimi" family of foods. I'm sorry I missed all of your previous posts on the subject. But if people keep asking, I must not be the only one who's never heard of them.

There is very little variation in the recipe from one site to the next on how to make them. Your link is about the same as all the rest.

I just ran it past the boss and she thinks it would be tasty so it will be on the menu soon.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I guess so. I've never eaten anything from the "chimi" family of foods. I'm sorry I missed all of your previous posts on the subject. But if people keep asking, I must not be the only one who's never heard of them.

There is very little variation in the recipe from one site to the next on how to make them. Your link is about the same as all the rest.

I just ran it past the boss and she thinks it would be tasty so it will be on the menu soon.
Maybe they were all new members...



I'm sure you will come up with your own favorite way to make them.
I think that rubbing them with oil and baking them is what gives them their oomph. It crisps them up just right, without frying.
Use the burrito size tortillas. They are easier to stuff and fold, IMO.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #39
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,370
Got it! Thanks.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
two chili cheese dogs, chips and beer.
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.