Who hoards food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am the same as your Cheryl. A week or so ago I ran out of boneless pork chops and had to buy a pkg of 3 for $4.90. I thought that wasn't too bad, under $5 for the meal for the two of us. Then they went on sale and I got a pkg of 9 for $4.65. When turkey breasts were on sale I bought 3 of them. My freezer is always full and so is my pantry, but I don't usually have more than 3 of any given item.

I'm too busy to hoard food. I decided if things get bad it's easier to just roll over and die. Or arm myself and go shoot somebody who was smart enough to hoard food and too stupid to hoard guns 'n ammo.

PrincessFiona60;1367686[B said:
]...until you run into the person who was smart enough to hoard food, guns AND ammo...[/B]

Yep! :LOL::LOL:

I'm too busy to hoard food. I decided if things get bad it's easier to just roll over and die. Or arm myself and go shoot somebody who was smart enough to hoard food and too stupid to hoard guns 'n ammo.

You'd better arm yourself now because you might not find the arms and ammo you need at the time you need them. Just like the food they will be snapped up first. And most of those who were smart enough hoard food were probably smart enough to hoard guns and ammo.
I sure don't want things to get that bad but I won't roll over and die. I'd also like to have a nice last meal if they do. ;)

I won't say I'm a hoarder. But you might call me a prepper. I stockpile enough to get me through severe storms or unexpected hard time like lack of income for awhile. Ya just never know what's coming down the road and I was raised to keep a supply on hand for those times you might need it. And it has been useful when we've gotten 18" of snow and the power out for a week and a half.

Having said I'm not a hoarder we did have a power cut a couple of winters ago which put all the street in the dark for 2 days and I was able to keep 24 neighbours in candles for a couple of nights until the gang had traced the fault!

I didn't actually hoard the candles. They were the left overs from several Christmases.

...until you run into the person who was smart enough to hoard food, guns AND ammo...
I got a good laugh out of that, but you are right! But I live in a liberal paradise. Lot more people hoarding food and see weapons as artifacts of the Devil. I'll join forces with those with the guns & ammo.

I don't like hoard, but i do focus on local foods and being more self-sufficient. It's more for good health and co-reasons though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom