For Claire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry for your loss Claire. Thinking of you.
footprints-in-the-sand-1.jpg

Irony piles on irony. Less that 48 hours after he went, I got the call that my godmother and favorite aunt, his sister, joined him. Mom said she can picture them making their way to heaven, hand in hand.

Such sad news all at once. I'm sorry that there has been more. I love your mom's perspective on it. Continued prayers for peace and comfort.

Claire, I hope you are feeling a little better as each day passes, I am thinking of you

I was off line for a few days and totally missed this thread. Claire, it is never easy to say goodbye to a parent. Even if you know the end is near, there is no way you are truly prepared for it. Then to add the passing of another beloved family member just adds to the grief. May you find comfort for your grief and laughter among the tears as you remember with fondness and love the many ways your father and aunt have influenced your life. May you reflect their love for you in your life for others to see that they will not be forgotten.

Because I missed my own usual Christmas bash (on the first Sunday in December, I throw a large party, but this year I was in Florida, getting my father home for his last month at home), I invited just my "usuals", the friends we meet with every Friday, over for a new year's day lunch. I wound up blowing off the new year's eve party I usually attend so that I could sleep in, then work, the day before after one of those 24-hour flu-like bugs. I came close to calling it off, but having my nearest and dearest friends here really helped me start the new year on a new foot. I made 4 tourtieres and they were a hit. Everyone took some home and there's one in the freezer for my husband, who fell in love with the concept when I first made it for him 30+ years ago. One neighbor, who I didn't realize had never been here when I made it, said, Gee, Claire, it is like a breakfast sausage in a pie! Meat pies have fallen out of favor in this country. But I'm not coy or disingenious, and told him my secret ingredient is Jimmy Dean sage sausage!

Back
Top Bottom