Good Bye My Darling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
smiley-hug008.gif

Honey, you need a big hug:
hugging.gif

There will always be a little grief, no matter how much time has gone by. It's just a reminder about how very much Shrek loved you :heart: and you love him.

Last edited:
Omigosh! I remember the one-year anniversary of Buck's death. It was bittersweet. And, now, at nearly 10 years there are still pangs but, as you say, the mourning has passed but the grief still has to be tempered.

I am so comforted that Glenn has no challenge with me when I speak of Buck and some of my memories of/with him. In that, my grief is softened.

Big hugs to you sweet lady.

That first year is so hard PF but it's the proof that life does go on. It will feel like yesterday and forever ago for very long time. You're on the road!

Attachments

• grouphug.jpg
    grouphug.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 103
Thank you, this was much needed.

“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie

“I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”
― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

“I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.”
― Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam

My DC Friends and Family...today marks one year. It's been a really rough year, but I think I've turned a corner.

Mourning is done, the grief will still take some time.

Thank you all for your love and support during this time of my life.

PF, I don't get many notifications anymore on posts but I am sure glad I got this one. My love, heart, prayers and hugs go out to you. The 22nd would have been my parents 75th wedding anniversary and it is the start of a month of dates that bring up a lot of emotions.

I haven't lost a spouse (to passing anyway) so I can't say that I totally know what you are going through, but I know how much you loved Shrek.

Back
Top Bottom