Halloween's coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I worked on the Fillmore and Western tourist train called the Pumpkinliner. We picked up the people and took them to a pumpkin patch that had pumpkins (of course), jumping room, face painting, etc. A good time was had by all.

Hi, Souschef. My daughter, SIL, and three grandsons went on the Fillmore train to the pumpkin patch and corn maze a couple of weekends ago. :LOL: They had a great time! I was wondering if the gentleman conductor may have been you? It was train #100 and the weekend of Oct. 17. :) They loved it!

Last edited:
:LOL: Cheryl!

Apparently a lot of the kids in our neighborhood have aged out. A friend dressed as Princess Leia brought a bunch consisting of her sons and nephews, with the older boys not in costume. They were delighted when I offered them candy too. We had an initial rush, mostly townies, then nothing. Got rid of 2/3 of the candy. DH is mining the bag for Snickers.

It's been dwindling down here over the years, too. We used to get around 80 or so here on my street, but not any more. The past few years it's evolved from trick or treat to 'trunk or treat'. People get together at parks or church parking lots and open up their car trunks and give away little candies or tiny toys to the trick or treaters. Sometimes there are bouncy houses, or little parades so they can show off their costumes in a safe environment. I like that idea. :)

Last edited:
It's been dwindling down here over the years, too. We used to get around 80 or so here on my street, but not any more. The past few years it's evolved from trick or treat to 'trunk or treat'. People get together at parks or church parking lots and open up their car trunks and give away little candies or tiny toys to the trick or treaters. Sometimes there are bouncy houses, or little parades so they can show off their costumes in a safe environment. I like that idea. :)

A few churches, the Y, and other places around here also have parties, or trunk or treat. I figured out that many of the kids in our hood are now 12 or older, so they no longer dress up or go out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom