Happy Valentine's Day To all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Wishing everyone a great day with your Valentine.
Remember It is not all about the gifts, its about spending time with that special person and showing them that you appreciate them and you want to be with them.

This Valentines Day is a sad one for me as I lost My dad Jan 2015 and my mom in December. Started the year out with a loss and ended it with a loss. My mom loved Valentines Day. They were married 65 yrs.
When dad died in January and Valentines Day came mom was very sad, she started looking thru all the cards dad gave her in the past and on top of the pile in the box was one in an envelope she opened it up and it was a valentines day card from dad. She looked up all teary eyed and said I thought I would be alone for Valentines Day and here your father didn't forget me and he is with me today

Dad knew his time was coming to a close. Thank goodness stores put cards out a month early. He still got around but by the end of January his arthritis and his COPD got the best of him

Happy Valentine's Day, letscook. I'm sorry about your parents. That was a beautiful story :heart:

We don't do gifts for Valentine's Day. Just a nice dinner and spending time together. You're right - that's the important part. Take care {{{letscook}}}

That is a lovely story about your parents, letscook. It's a beautiful testament to how much your Dad cared for your Mom. It's memories like these that you can draw on when missing your folks.

Valentine's Day is a great Hallmark Holiday. ;) I always preferred Himself surprising me with a little something on a day not designated as "special", since that way it was special for just me. :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom