"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #1001
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
The weather's somewhat semi-agreeable. At any rate, Buck and I are sitting out on our big front porch. Our 3-month-old kittens are having a right, regular "rodeo." There's all manner of "slamming, banging, flipping, pounding, twirling" going on. Heads and tails are flippin' everywhere. Paws are pounding and flailing. It's a great show. All the available "toys" are being pressed into service. Read that to mean...sticks, twigs, bark, rocks...whatever. Everything's a toy. This is the Disneyworld of kittydom. Life is good.

Watching them takes our minds off the rest of the world. We are transformed into a world of amazement and fun. Long live kittens!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #1002
Executive Chef

Katie,kittens and puppies are soo funny its like they get to a point and go Hey Im alive this is great lets play.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #1003
Head Chef

Katie, you have a wonderful way with words, taking such a simple thing and turning it into a wonderful word picture. Thanks - we were all able to enjoy your kittens and your front porch along with you!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #1004
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Paul's brother spent the night last night.
We have a play to go to tonight ( The King and I)
We are having dinner out with friends the night after that
and the Microsoft Christmas party is Saturday night!! It's a busy but
fun filled week. Smiles every day.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #1005
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Last thing that made me smile or even chuckle, was last weekend- my 3yr old grandson - he doesn't speak real clear on some words. We try help him. He pulled out these little tiny gloves from his backpack. I said to his brother (10) aw , look how cute his gloves are - he put his hands up and said no Grandma they are Gubs !!!! Bless his sweet heart, I am still smiling !
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #1006
Senior Cook

Katie,
I love your post about the kittens. We have two, now 6 months. They play, eat, sleep and get loved together. They fill our days with such enjoyment and amazement, never knowing what they will do next. They seem to know when were sad and do everything they can think of to cheer us up. Needless to say, we love these little fur bags very, very much.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #1007
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Yep, Essie. Kittens and their unconditional love are fabulous stress relievers. We have one of those kittens, Sally, now living inside with us. She is nothing short of an angel and a beautiful, beautiful little girl. When I pet her and she purrs back in "thanks," I can feel my blood pressure going down. Just looking at her makes me break out in a great, big smile.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #1008
Chef Extraordinaire

No kittens, but, I had a lovely time with my two daughters, we gussied up the kids and took them to see Santa and have a picture taken..All went well with Cade and Carson, who both grinned and loved the visit..Next came Ethan who hopped up beside Santa and waited for his little sister, who took one look at this big burly man with whiskers and a red suit and climbed her mom's frame in her long dress and you could hear the howls all the way to the other end of the mall..So, Livi now has a picture of her screaming, her brother looking ready to bolt and Santa, looks as if life as he knew has ended
Were both my daughters happy, well one was the other one just sighed and said maybe next year Me, the best laugh I've had in months
kades
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #1009
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up

As with many of you all, my family brings the smiles just about every day, but I can't remember being able to remain so calm, as you did with your children visiting Santa, kades, and if memory serves, mine reacted pretty much the same way, except mine are all 4 sons, and what a delight they continue to be, even though now they are grown with children of their own, who just multiply the joy!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #1010
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestobake View Post
As with many of you all, my family brings the smiles just about every day, but I can't remember being able to remain so calm, as you did with your children visiting Santa, kades, and if memory serves, mine reacted pretty much the same way, except mine are all 4 sons, and what a delight they continue to be, even though now they are grown with children of their own, who just multiply the joy!
Lovestobake,
the calm comes with being "ma" instead of mommy...I told my daughters anytime they really irked me while growing up, I can't wait til you have your own kids!! Well today ol ma got to watch the fun instead of being ringmaster
kadesma